Grumbly Things Go Here

Off-topic discussion that doesn't fit anywhere else.
BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Re: Grumbly Things Go Here

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:
DistinctlyBenign wrote:I tripped over my dog and I might have broken his leg. I can't feel a break, maybe it's just a sprain but he's not putting weight on it. I feel terrible about it. I'll have to call the vet in the morning. :(

So, called the vet and they told me to call the emergency clinic, called them and their surgeon is on vacation... They want me to call a different emergency clinic that over an hour away from me. I don't have time to drive there, wait for surgery, and drive back today. Also, no one but me and my family has actually seen my dog, we don't know for sure that it's even broken, but I keep getting referred. Ugh.

EDIT: my wife managed to get the day off from work to take him.

That sucks hard. Good luck, hopefully it isn't broken or at least broken too bad. I went through that with my dog (she broke it in a hole while playing outside) and it was a nightmare.

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
DistinctlyBenign wrote:
DistinctlyBenign wrote:I tripped over my dog and I might have broken his leg. I can't feel a break, maybe it's just a sprain but he's not putting weight on it. I feel terrible about it. I'll have to call the vet in the morning. :(

So, called the vet and they told me to call the emergency clinic, called them and their surgeon is on vacation... They want me to call a different emergency clinic that over an hour away from me. I don't have time to drive there, wait for surgery, and drive back today. Also, no one but me and my family has actually seen my dog, we don't know for sure that it's even broken, but I keep getting referred. Ugh.

EDIT: my wife managed to get the day off from work to take him.

That sucks hard. Good luck, hopefully it isn't broken or at least broken too bad. I went through that with my dog (she broke it in a hole while playing outside) and it was a nightmare.

Thanks. It is broken but they didn't think it was bad enough to do surgery... and his legs are bowed so he can't have a splint. So he just has a wrap and isn't allowed to do basically anything for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

He's not very happy about that.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

clintmemo
Paid to GM

Postby clintmemo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:50 am

My city is flooding again. It doesn't affect me other than traffic, but it does suck for other people.
(What idiot builds on a flood plane, anyway?)

2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:32 pm

clintmemo wrote:(What idiot builds on a flood plane, anyway?)

Oh, I could go on and on here but it mostly comes down to two reasons.

One... land developers make their money when the land or house is sold. It is to their advantage to find undeveloped land that looks good, get it through the development process, make their money, and walk away. If the land ends up being flood prone? Well, it can be pretty hard to make it their problem.

Two... land that didn't used to be in a flood plain can become flood prone thanks to development somewhere else. Natural, wild land can absorb a certain amount of water. Once it's past that point, it has to pass it along. Too much development upstream can pass along more water than it used to. This happens along a long enough stretch of rivers and creek and it can turn an area that used to get a little flooded every once in a while into a place that gets deluged.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 pm

clintmemo wrote:My city is flooding again. It doesn't affect me other than traffic, but it does suck for other people.

It's cheap.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:04 am

BottledViolence wrote:
clintmemo wrote:My city is flooding again. It doesn't affect me other than traffic, but it does suck for other people.

It's cheap.

For a reason.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

clintmemo
Paid to GM

Postby clintmemo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:05 am

2018 Goal: Learn to set goals.
Achievement Unlocked: Publish a Second Story
Sojourn Volume 2

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:52 am

My wife got into a car accident this morning.

Fortunately no one was seriously hurt, and it was the other drivers fault. Still, she's pretty shook up, and my car is probably totaled.

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:46 am

DistinctlyBenign wrote:My wife got into a car accident this morning.

Fortunately no one was seriously hurt, and it was the other drivers fault. Still, she's pretty shook up, and my car is probably totaled.

Damn, that sucks. Was it insured?

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:37 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
DistinctlyBenign wrote:My wife got into a car accident this morning.

Damn, that sucks. Was it insured?

Yeah, but it was a 2006 and probably about 50% rust so I'm hoping it's worth enough to cover the deductible tbh. The insurance company does their estimate tomorrow so I'll know more then.

Thankfully, we have savings, so we will be able to put a down payment on a better car. Maybe for the first time in my life I can drive something made in the same decade I'm driving it in. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”