Can we keep this going on our own?

Fear the Boot Ask Me Anything - We seem to have a lot of subject matter experts here at FtB, let's spread that knowledge around!
Peetiedog
BABUSHKA!

Re: Can we keep this going on our own?

Postby Peetiedog » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:00 am

I agree with Mr. Lostcause. To run I think it needs to have a driver to move forward efficiently. I would be happy to see it lead by a single person or small coven people.

If I can lend a hand let me know....

Burning
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby Burning » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't necessarily think your objections are wrong. Bluntly speaking, however, the suggestions made were all things that, lacking anyone else, I felt prepared to volunteer to do. Either identifying someone to pick and lead a topic OR organizing selection of the next topic were both in the scope of what I was prepared to take on.

Doing both tasks of picking a topic and then identifying who will participate brings this to a level of time commitment I am not personally prepared to make, so I did not suggest it. If someone feels up to it, I have no objection.

Given the general lack of response to the discussion, however, I'm beginning to suspect that the majority of the forum doesn't have much interest in these continuing.
"Space is blue, and birds fly through it." - Werner Heisenberg

Cookie dough, ergo sum.

Lord Foul
Kangaroo, Buffalo, and Chris, OH MY!

Postby Lord Foul » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:31 pm

If you want my opinion (or even if you don't) the only way this thing will actually continue is for somebody to take the plunge and just go for it. Talk is cheap, and will achieve nothing... except wordcount. :thumbup:
"...with frikin' lasers!"

BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:If you want my opinion (or even if you don't) the only way this thing will actually continue is for somebody to take the plunge and just go for it. Talk is cheap, and will achieve nothing... except wordcount. :thumbup:

This. Someone start telling us about something. :lol:

CaptainKobold
BABUSHKA!

Postby CaptainKobold » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Lord Foul wrote:If you want my opinion (or even if you don't) the only way this thing will actually continue is for somebody to take the plunge and just go for it. Talk is cheap, and will achieve nothing... except wordcount. :thumbup:

Lord Foul is right. Let's do this:
Clinical Psychology AMA is up now.
Answering questions about Psychology and RPGs over here!

Burning
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby Burning » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:40 am

Good on you for having the courage to go first. :)

Cookie dough, ergo sum.

CaptainKobold
BABUSHKA!

Postby CaptainKobold » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Not going to lie, this has actually been really fun so far! I'm a bit slow in getting back to people because I want to be sure that I consider things fully (and because I'm squeezing in responses between classes, studying, clinical work, and a job!), but I'm willing to keep this going! Maybe even stay on as a resource for anyone curious.

Burning
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby Burning » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission. CaptainKobold took the step of moving getting these started again out of the realm of talk and into reality. Someone has to go second. Back in the day, a two week interval was discussed as a decent frequency, and the Clincal Psychology thread does seem to be winding down.

So this is my announcement that a new AMA is incoming. I hope no one feels I'm treading on the toes of the good Captain.

Cookie dough, ergo sum.

CaptainKobold
BABUSHKA!

Postby CaptainKobold » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Burning wrote:Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission. CaptainKobold took the step of moving getting these started again out of the realm of talk and into reality. Someone has to go second. Back in the day, a two week interval was discussed as a decent frequency, and the Clincal Psychology thread does seem to be winding down.

So this is my announcement that a new AMA is incoming. I hope no one feels I'm treading on the toes of the good Captain.

Hey, I'm glad to hear it! I'll keep on posting answers as long as people post questions. As far as I'm concerned, there's no reason for these to necessarily be time sensitive things; if the next Booter to sign up sees the Clinical Psych thread and wants to ask a question, it will remain open and I'll answer questions.

Glad to see we're getting more AMAs starting up! No toes treaded on at all!

Return to “FtB AMA”