Giving back to the boot...

Announcements regarding the podcasts, forums, or other Fear the Boot endeavors.
Zenaficus
Dan's Road Rubber

Re: Giving back to the boot...

Postby Zenaficus » Thu May 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Always trying to spread the boot...

@heckler... keep listening, well worth it. ;)
“...And miles to go before I sleep.”

Virgil
Chris's Cane Boy and or Girl

Postby Virgil » Sat May 30, 2009 6:04 pm

I've debated starting a holy crusade to spread the Word of the Boot on to those requiring its wisdom...but my inquisition gear is in storage, I'm not spanish, and everyone expects me. So I just use my superior linguistic skills to convince my fellow gamers. I've met some resistance, also I made one guy think he was a chicken. So progress to convert the non listeners in the land of 10,000 lakes is slow. But on the plus side, I have a chicken man-slave.

(I do actually tell everyone in all my groups about you guys, but they're reluctant to try new things. I'll keep telling them how much I learn from you guys though.)
You don't need a reason to help people

cigar_smkr
Learn2ChadStyle

Postby cigar_smkr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:00 pm

I will just keep sending stogies, if thats OK.
Long Ashes, my friends. Cheers as well :beer:

Lunar
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby Lunar » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 pm

I suggest the cast to any gamer I get into an extended conversation with. Granted that's not a lot of people, but I do tell people about it. I never thought I'd miss it as much as I do since I don't have the bandwidth allowance to download it while visiting family, but I miss the banter.
It's like they kicked logic in the balls then molested its family in front of it.
Vinnie

Rann Xerox
Aarakocra

Postby Rann Xerox » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:10 am

:soapbox:
I was going to rate you on apple. I don't buy music or anything else from them so I did not have an account so I was going to make one so I could rate podcast. 1st, they don't allow spaces in the passwords so my more secure pass phrase I was going to use, I can't. Well, that is nit-picking so I gave it a less secure 8 character one and cont. 2nd, just to make an account, it wants a credit card number!!! Excuse me? I can't create an account without one? It would not let me keep it blank. Heck, I only use iTunes for free podcasts. I have used PowerBooks with OSX before and have had an ipod before but frankly I just don't get the apple fan thingy. Their tech is geared toward the masses and is rather restrictive but I guess that is the appeal and why you give that to your parents so they don't break it.

OK, done with my apple rant.

So, I love your podcast, been lurking forever, and give you 5 stars. If you have another service that I can rate on that does not want a copy of my DNA, fringer prints, picture ID, etc, I will rate there also.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Rann Xerox wrote::soapbox:
I was going to rate you on apple. I don't buy music or anything else from them so I did not have an account so I was going to make one so I could rate podcast. 1st, they don't allow spaces in the passwords so my more secure pass phrase I was going to use, I can't. Well, that is nit-picking so I gave it a less secure 8 character one and cont. 2nd, just to make an account, it wants a credit card number!!! Excuse me? I can't create an account without one? It would not let me keep it blank. Heck, I only use iTunes for free podcasts. I have used PowerBooks with OSX before and have had an ipod before but frankly I just don't get the apple fan thingy. Their tech is geared toward the masses and is rather restrictive but I guess that is the appeal and why you give that to your parents so they don't break it.

So, I love your podcast, been lurking forever, and give you 5 stars. If you have another service that I can rate on that does not want a copy of my DNA, fringer prints, picture ID, etc, I will rate there also.

:agree:

That always bothered me about iTunes. That and for company that is known for elegant design it seems bloated, slow and hard to navigate.

But thanks for the effort and the kind words. As far as other places to rate us? I have no idea. Thanks for listening to us rant each week. :beer:

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby keithcurtis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Rann Xerox wrote::soapbox:

You can try this workaround.
http://www.simonblog.com/2009/04/14/how ... edit-card/
I agree that it is an annoyance. Podcasting is kind of an afterthought on iTunes. I'd be willing to bet that it doesn't take up a huge percentage of their traffic compared to music downloads. First and foremost, they are a store.

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 am

I hate iTunes and would love to write it completely out of our podcasting equation. Unfortunately, about 2/3 of our subscribers get our show that way, so I have to keep making their crappy software a priority in all of my planning.

Anyway, thank you for the rating (if you were ever able to give one) and the kind words you posted here!
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

spatula108
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby spatula108 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:02 am

actually, i'm happy to say i am not part of that two thirds. my zune kicks ipod ass and after being recomended to you by my DM, i found you guys on the zune market. i actually even got a holy crusading anti gamer listening to you guys there
pkalata wrote:I replied, "Engineering? Please. I am a serious student of the arcane method. Don't even get me stared on that 'science' twaddle."

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:58 pm

spatula108 wrote:actually, i'm happy to say i am not part of that two thirds. my zune kicks ipod ass and after being recomended to you by my DM, i found you guys on the zune market. i actually even got a holy crusading anti gamer listening to you guys there

Wow! :shock: Thanks! :D You should get them on the forums!

Return to “Announcements”