places you can buy Sojourn

Announcements regarding the podcasts, forums, or other Fear the Boot endeavors.
Dan
Host

Re: places you can buy Sojourn

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 am

mindtakerr wrote:Well, I'm sorry if I think it's legitimately 5 stars awesome. I think it's a wonderful piece of fiction, and I am very excited for its existence.

:love:

I agree with JediSoth. Positive feedback means the world to me. But for ethical reasons I can't and won't ask anyone to lie. I hope you enjoy the stories and leave feedback that reflects that. But I don't want you to leave 5 stars if you just plain don't feel we earned that for whatever reason.
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

Timespike
Crossed the River

Postby Timespike » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:19 am

clintmemo wrote:
Dan wrote:
John wrote:what's the best place in terms of exposure or cash or whatever you all want more

Definitely Amazon. And just as importantly, leave a review! That's the best form of love you can show us.

Also, I don't want anyone to lie to bloat our numbers, but if you bought the book in one place and can then review it in additional places, that'd be awesome.

As one of the authors, and only speaking for myself, I ask that you please leave an honest review. While I know it is tempting to give the book 5 stars just because of where it came from, I think it would be much better to have 100 reviews with an average of 4.1 than 10 reviews that are all 5 stars.

:agree: If you love it, great! If you don't, please say so. A couple of lower reviews won't torpedo the project. And frankly, as one of the authors, I'd rather see this do well on its merits (which I believe, in my biased way, are many) than on what amounts to clout or nepotism.

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:54 am

And if you want to comment on specific stories (or each), I'm sure none of us authors will complain. :D
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:01 am

mindtakerr wrote:Well, I'm sorry if I think it's legitimately 5 stars awesome. I think it's a wonderful piece of fiction, and I am very excited for its existence.

Never apologize for being honest. ;)
2021 Goal: Not to repeat 2020

Sion
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby Sion » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:40 pm

:mrgreen:
"Sojourn is never early, nor it is late-- it arrives precisely when it needs to." --Dan, ep. 334

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 am

I just updated the list in the first post of this thread. Print is now available on Amazon!
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

Oalin
Fear the Con Sponsor

Postby Oalin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:31 am

Surprise, surprise. Picked up my copy from a South African distributor.

http://www.kalahari.com/Digital-Downloads/Sojourn-eBook_p_48345642

Good to be able to support you guys and a local outlet to boot.
Stop. Plot Hammer time.

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:41 am

Oh, wow.

First, thanks for picking up a copy! Second, I knew the Ingram catalog was pretty universal, but I didn't realize it was THAT widespread.

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Also, that brings up something I know a lot of people will find important. I just added a note on our list that, since we're in the Ingram catalog, people can order the book directly from their favorite bookstore and give them the business while still supporting us.

dwolf52000
Network Host

Postby dwolf52000 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:00 am

I should have my copy today or tomorrow. I can't wait to read it.

When is the bedroom voice audio version coming?

Return to “Announcements”