Call for Submissions

An community of writers helping each other improve their craft. Beware: Their be Grammar Nazis here!
ThatOneDude
BABUSHKA!

Call for Submissions

Postby ThatOneDude » Wed May 09, 2018 4:16 pm

A bunch of booters have been in my previous flash fiction anthologies, and I want to extend the invitation out to the community as a whole...

Little Bitty Writing Space is an anthology of flash fiction (stories <1,000 words). It is open to all genres and all topics, and writers at any level of experience. As long as your tale is well-told, we want to read it.

The anthology is the third in a series of flash fiction books published by Browncoat Publishing, a local press based in Portland, Oregon run by husband-and-wife team Jason Brick and Rachel Letofsky.

This is a crowdfunded project, and will go live on Kickstarter in early June.

Accepted authors are paid $10 and receive an electronic copy of the anthology once the project funds. Authors receive a print copy free if the project reaches its stretch goal.

If you have a piece that you think could call Little Bitty Writing Space home, please follow the link below and fill out our submissions form.

https://goo.gl/G1CmQG

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: Call for Submissions

Postby clintmemo » Thu May 10, 2018 10:46 am

ThatOneDude wrote:A bunch of booters have been in my previous flash fiction anthologies, and I want to extend the invitation out to the community as a whole...

Little Bitty Writing Space is an anthology of flash fiction (stories <1,000 words). It is open to all genres and all topics, and writers at any level of experience. As long as your tale is well-told, we want to read it.

The anthology is the third in a series of flash fiction books published by Browncoat Publishing, a local press based in Portland, Oregon run by husband-and-wife team Jason Brick and Rachel Letofsky.

This is a crowdfunded project, and will go live on Kickstarter in early June.

Accepted authors are paid $10 and receive an electronic copy of the anthology once the project funds. Authors receive a print copy free if the project reaches its stretch goal.

If you have a piece that you think could call Little Bitty Writing Space home, please follow the link below and fill out our submissions form.

https://goo.gl/G1CmQG

I have a couple of questions.

Do you literally want the 1000 word submission pasted into that form or is that for a submission idea?

Are there any back-and-forth between authors and editors or are the submissions expected to be a final draft?
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

ThatOneDude
BABUSHKA!

Postby ThatOneDude » Mon May 14, 2018 11:11 am

Do you literally want the 1000 word submission pasted into that form or is that for a submission idea?

Yes.

Are there any back-and-forth between authors and editors or are the submissions expected to be a final draft?

There will be back-and-forth.

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 am

I might have one coming. Alas, my natural length seems to be about 7000 words; I must retrain myself.

The Blue Bandit
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby The Blue Bandit » Wed May 16, 2018 8:32 pm

I had a story in Flash!, and I might be able to whip up something new for this.

Do you have a deadline for submissions? Currently in the middle of edits/rewrites for a novel we're trying to push out next month, so it may be a few weeks before I have time for anything else (even a 1000 word story).
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Contributing author to Sojourn: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction Volume 1 and Volume 2

VaMinion
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby VaMinion » Sat May 19, 2018 12:43 pm

The Blue Bandit wrote:Do you have a deadline for submissions? Currently in the middle of edits/rewrites for a novel we're trying to push out next month, so it may be a few weeks before I have time for anything else (even a 1000 word story).

Same question here. I want to submit something but I've got some other time sensitive writing projects. Need to know how to prioritize things.
Cursing is like a spice. And sometimes you're making thai.

[red]
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby [red] » Wed May 23, 2018 9:51 am

When would you like submissions?
--- < :facepalm: > ---

ThatOneDude
BABUSHKA!

Postby ThatOneDude » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi all and sorry for the delayed response

Here's how deadlines for this always works. There's the date I'd like them, and then there's this later date at which point I actually gather 100 good submissions.

I'd love to see any subs from y'all by end of June. Maybe at FtC if you're coming?

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:50 am

ThatOneDude wrote:Hi all and sorry for the delayed response

Here's how deadlines for this always works. There's the date I'd like them, and then there's this later date at which point I actually gather 100 good submissions.

I'd love to see any subs from y'all by end of June. Maybe at FtC if you're coming?

Is this still going on?
Has the deadline passed?
Does anyone know ?
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Return to “Fear the Boot Writer's Guild”