What Are You Working On?

An community of writers helping each other improve their craft. Beware: Their be Grammar Nazis here!
clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: What Are You Working On?

Postby clintmemo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Worked on my Sojourn 3 entry twice this week. I didn't get a lot of words down but I did discover some good ideas that need to be included.

This is easily going to be my longest short story so far. It is already over 3000 words and less than half written.
IIRC, my first two were both about 4500.
2021 Goal: Not to repeat 2020

The Blue Bandit
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby The Blue Bandit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Awesome! I enjoyed your entries in Sojourn 1 and 2 ("Top of the Heap" was one of my favorite stories in volume 1), and I can't wait to see what you produce for the next collection. I'm juggling numerous short stories currently, but I think I've come to the decision that I am going to sit Sojourn 3 out and leave some room for a new voice to take my place.

One benefit is that I can then write an actual review of it on Amazon and nobody can say I was only nice because I contributed :)
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Contributing author to Sojourn: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction Volume 1 and Volume 2

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:19 am

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :D

I'm not sure if I told you this story or not, but your story in Volume one almost gave me a panic attack. Being a first time author and being in an anthology my biggest fear is that my story would stand out as the worst one in the book. When I started reading the book, I read your story and all I thought was:
"This is good. This one's better than mine. Oh crap."

side note: I need to make a chart that has all of the fear the boot forum users and which stories they wrote. That way I don't have to go do research every time this topic comes up. ;)

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:59 pm

clintmemo wrote:side note: I need to make a chart that has all of the fear the boot forum users and which stories they wrote. That way I don't have to go do research every time this topic comes up. ;)

This needs to exist. You should take runester's advice on making a table and post it:

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 pm

I wrote over two pages today on a story that started with a Mikey Mason song. (All Hail King Torg!) It's working out just fine and I hope to finish it tomorrow.

Nny
Holder of The Stabbing Screwdriver

Postby Nny » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:27 am

A friend of mine brought out an idea for a deus ex:human revolution type of future, we have our own tweaks but I'm going to try to seriously write for the first time since high school.

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 am

Finally got to work on my Sojourn 3 entry some more. I was hoping to have draft zero finished before the end of this week (Next week is Spring Break), but it's looking doubtful.

terrus
The Baron's Body Double

Postby terrus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:29 am

Brainstorming encounters for my FtC game with the wife and working on getting the visual side of the game up and running as well.

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Thu May 14, 2015 2:53 pm

You ever get blind sided by your own creation? Freaking Tephra Falls swept the legs and knocked me on my ass. I am, of course, loving it. :D
--
TAZ

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Mon May 18, 2015 6:53 am

The first novel of my new trilogy is almost ready to go off to my paid editor (Hi Jahaili!) and beta readers (I'd like more than the 4-5 I have lined up now, because I know what my average rate of return is on that... like 10%, but I'm not willing to delay any longer since I wanted this book done by now). The second novel is sitting, written, awaiting editing, though I do have to write a new beginning for it since I ended up changing the end of book 1. The third novel's first draft is about 50% complete.

I wanted to have all three done by Gen Con so I could showcase them and maybe sell a hardcover omnibus. It's just been one disaster after another this year (and frankly, writing, editing, and publishing 3 novels in the course of one year might have been a little ambitious).

I think I'll definitely have all three written by Gen Con.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Return to “Fear the Boot Writer's Guild”