Future Meetings and Submission list

An community of writers helping each other improve their craft. Beware: Their be Grammar Nazis here!
SilverseraphAE
Teller of gaming stories

Re: Future Meetings and Submission list

Postby SilverseraphAE » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:51 am

I can't do Saturdays, at least not this month, hence why I threw out the idea of hosting something on Friday I got enough bites to make me push forward on the idea for now.

If someone wants to run a meetup on Saturdays no one is stopping anyone but Fridays worked for me so I am running with it for now.
Mobius04 wrote:An outstanding feat for a fellow cleric to the Wall of Text.
Timespike wrote:My bookseller rage has been kindled

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:55 am

Aye, while Friday's are sub optimal for me, getting at least some folks together is better than zilch.

Addicted2aa
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Addicted2aa » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:45 am

How did the meeting go last night? And when's the next one? Please don't tell me next weekend cause I'll cry.
blog blog blog
Peace and Love
-Ringo

SilverseraphAE
Teller of gaming stories

Postby SilverseraphAE » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:16 am

Don't cry. I've scheduled it for the 23rd.

There was some things discussed during the meeting. Firstly, I would like to move to G+ hangout rather than Skype. This will let me integrate seamlessly with a Google Calendar. I will not have to get people's Skype names to start a call, all I will have to do is invite a group to a hangout and let people join as they will. Also I know there is at least someone out there for whom Skype does not work and I heard from someone that G+ takes up less computer resources than Skype for some reason.

Additionally I know that we used to record our sessions so people who were unable to make the meeting still could see what was discussed. I would like to start doing that again if everyone is okay. I know "On-live" recording system is much more easy and reliable than the Skype recorder I used to run. Recordings can be kept private so that only people with direct links from the forums have access to them.

This is not something people want it does not have to be done but I wanted to float it out there.

Addicted2aa
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Addicted2aa » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 am

Woo hoo!!! :thumbup:

I like all the things you said there. I'll be at the next one
blog blog blog
Peace and Love
-Ringo

SilverseraphAE
Teller of gaming stories

Postby SilverseraphAE » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:18 pm

I should clarify, It looks like On-live recordings are public while being recorded but someone one has to find them on G+ or have a link to them after that the files can be put as "Unlisted" meaning that only people with a link will have access to them (and such links should only be found on a thread in these Forums) and they will not be searchable. I have run a few game sessions "On-live" and I have never had someone randomly pop in (Which without the link is the only way they can be watched to my knowledge so we should be well aware of any visitors we get) so I do not see that as a likely occurance.

Still those are the facts, I really would like something for people who can't make discussion topics they really wanted to hear thoughts and discussion about.

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:40 am

It's been really hard for me to make any of the meetings. Maybe once Gen Con is over I'll be able to find more time. I'm still looking to get feedback on my story (Forgotten Dreams), so feel free to comment in the google doc.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

SilverseraphAE
Teller of gaming stories

Postby SilverseraphAE » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Alex Wickersham has asked the Writers guild to review a piece of writing he did. We will be covering his work in the next meeting. Here is a link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17Yt ... sp=sharing

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Thanks all for brainstorming HymenopTerra with me. Definitely took the ideas in directions I had not considered (or was coaxed into thinking about on the fly.) Good stuff!

The Blue Bandit
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby The Blue Bandit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:23 am

Let's get this thing going again!

I will be starting up a Google Hangout on Saturday, March 14th at 6pm Central. Send me a PM if you are interested so I can get the information to add you to my Google contact list and get you invited when we go live. If we need something to read together, I have some flash fiction that I'm willing to share, but I would very much rather have other folks submit to the group.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Contributing author to Sojourn: An Anthology of Speculative Fiction Volume 1 and Volume 2

Return to “Fear the Boot Writer's Guild”