Future Meetings and Submission list

An community of writers helping each other improve their craft. Beware: Their be Grammar Nazis here!
Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Re: Future Meetings and Submission list

Postby Leoff » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 am

I suppose that hangs on who will be able to be there, which, again, rather hinges on when it is. I've lost track.
If anyone in the writers' guild has nothing else to read, they always may check up on what I've been doing to Lake Tourdion, No Heroes, and Lipstick on the Mirror, all of which I have been working on.
I expect to have a Saints and Heroes section added under Religion in the Lake Tourdion brochure very soon.

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:00 am

Folks, can we talk schedule? I'm under pressure to schedule when the games nights are at church, in co-ordination with the movie nights organizer, and I don't want to interfere with writers' guild nights. We've been pretty scattered since the fall, what with people having real lives and all that good stuff. What I wonder is, would twice-a-month (first and third or second and fourth) work as well as the floating every-two-weeks plan?

Dntspard
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Dntspard » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 pm

that would look to work better for planning. Just not sure who is still interested in this

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 am

I've had to shift to lurker mode, but I do still follow all the forum posts even if I can't be there in real-time.
--
TAZ

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 am

I had to go silent, too, though I still frequent the forums. Saturday nights were getting too busy for my IRL, and the timing just wasn't practical for me.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Addicted2aa
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Addicted2aa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:34 pm

HEy Sion, What's good with the next meeting?
Topic?
Anything to review?
There is a 15.32% chance I can make it after months of no free time.
blog blog blog
Peace and Love
-Ringo

Sion
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby Sion » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:45 pm

the next meeting is March 16th at 6:00 PM Central Time
I'll be hosting the meeting, I'll send you my Skype username as a PM
I'm going to submit something of my own, maybe two things.
I'm still thinking of a topic. Usual what happens is that topics spring up on there own during the discussion.

Really hope that you can show up this week! :)
"Sojourn is never early, nor it is late-- it arrives precisely when it needs to." --Dan, ep. 334

Sion

Postby Sion » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Okay I lied it was only one submission but here it is:
The Queen of the Aluns No. 1

The usual process for submissions is to gmail it to everyone in the Writer's Guild. But since Dan gave us a shout out I suspected that there might be some curious lurkers out there. So my submission is the first of a historical fantasy serial fiction. It is set in Mortalis, a fantasy world that I have designed. It is low magic, basically a historical fiction story plus magic. I want to write a thousand+ word issue every week. And since our Guild Meetups are bi-weekly that means I should have two submissions. I want to do this to make myself accountable. If I fail to stand up to the challenge then you guys have to hold my feet to the fire (in a friendly way of course ;) )

Hope to see everyone tomorrow at 6:00 PM Central on Skype. And if you are new and want to give me comment and suggestion then drop by.
"Sojourn is never early, nor it is late-- it arrives precisely when it needs to." --Dan, ep. 334

Addicted2aa
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Addicted2aa » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:55 pm

So I missed the meeting as I couldn't convince the GF to give up our movie night. Will there be another one next week?
blog blog blog
Peace and Love
-Ringo

Sion

Postby Sion » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Addicted2aa wrote:So I missed the meeting as I couldn't convince the GF to give up our movie night. Will there be another one next week?

There will be one this Saturday, March 30th. I will be submitting, as well as two others. The topic is when and how to find time to write.

Return to “Fear the Boot Writer's Guild”