Introduce yourself!

An community of writers helping each other improve their craft. Beware: Their be Grammar Nazis here!
DJZachLorton
Pat's Knob Polisher

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby DJZachLorton » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:54 am

Hello. I'm Zach.

I've been writing since in my early 20s, but nothing has been published. Go me.
Actually, I'm a songwriter & musician, so most of my efforts have been going towards that lately. But I also write for a personal blog. I used to write for an entertainment blog. And I've pitched a story for Sojourn 3 that has been accepted, and I have yet to write word 1.

I was, at one time, the Geek TV editor for The Rogue, and entertainment blog on Patheos.com. You can view all the articles I wrote for them, including a real-time review of "Sharknado", by clicking here.

I currently maintain my personal blog, [urlhttp://livingonthebackburner.blogspot.com]Living On the Back Burner[/url], where I document my gaming and musical exploits, as well as some musings on being a DJ, living out my faith, and various other things I feel like I need to pontificate upon.

And if you want to connect with me on social media, you can find me on Facebook here, or on Google+ here.
DJZachLorton
#1 Ranked Mobile DJ/MC
in St. Louis and surrounding areas
http://www.facebook.com/zach.lorton
http://livingonthebackburner.blogspot.com

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Welcome! Hopefully with Sojourn 3 kicking into gear we'll get a little more active. My super-busy Q1 has finally subsided, so I should be able to participate more, as well.

Huzzah!
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

DarkSavage
BABUSHKA!

Postby DarkSavage » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:23 am

Sure, why not?

I'm Jon (DarkSavage)

I write mostly Military Sci-Fi and a little bit of fantasy (think Forgotten Realms); been working on stuff since I was in high school. I have a couple of finished short stories and am continuing to plug away at a larger book that maybe I'll complete before I die.

That's pretty much it, I hate describing myself. Really just recently discovered this forum, almost by accident; so I'm sure I'll lurk for a while and then post every now and then about different things.

Nice to meet everyone!
"Answer: Oh, that is impossible, Master. If I were out to kill you, we would not be speaking."
-HK-47

hans_co
BABUSHKA!

Postby hans_co » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey folks,

I recently posted in the Writer's Guild thread in General Discussion, and someone pointed me here. I didn't realize we had a whole subforum!

Anyway, I've been writing nonseriously and semi-seriously for most of my adult life. A lot of time was spent in doing some form of game design and writing about games. You can read reviews I wrote here. I tried to make them unique and interesting to read as well as informative. You can read other RPG articles and reviews I wrote here, at Giant Fire Breathing Robot. This is my blog, not regularly updated, but I'm proud of a lot of what's on there.

I designed and self-published a game called Kim and Marshall. My blog links to an interview that was done about it.

All that said, since about March, I've become serious about Writing, and writing fiction at that. Just writing every day. May/June was a rough month for that but I've been back on the horse for nearly a month now, getting 500-600 words regularly, every day. Yesterday I got 801. I'm shooting for a regular thousand.

I recently completed a first draft of a 14,000 word short story set in the Iron Kingdoms. Right now I'm writing a SF experimental short-story-as-Reddit-thread.

I'm part of a real-life "creative group" that meets to discuss projects once a month or so; about half of us make games and half of us write and some of us do both. I'm looking forward to being a part of the Writer's Guild here!

ThatOneDude
BABUSHKA!

Postby ThatOneDude » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi!

Jason Brick here. I've met some of you at FtC and others through Soujourn and my own anthology projects Baby Shoes and FLASH!

I've been meaning to get active in here for a long time, and finally doing it.

Return to “Fear the Boot Writer's Guild”