What Are You Working On?

An community of writers helping each other improve their craft. Beware: Their be Grammar Nazis here!
Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Re: What Are You Working On?

Postby Leoff » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:06 pm

But it would be an amusing little short sketch. Apollo, supposedly knowledgeable Greek god, trying to submit a new, untreated thesis topic so he can get into grad school?

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:55 am

I finished up the first-pass revisions for Lament this morning. Lament would be book 2 in my Scars of the Sundering trilogy. Book 1, Malediction was released at Gen Con last year. Book 3, Salvation is written, but no editing/revisions have been done (and I'm still tweaking details based on what I have to change in book 2).

Some how, some where, I'll need to find money to pay for a copy editor. I plan on paying Beta Readers this time, too (see if money will get more timely feedback). I'll also need to pay for cover art and cover design. Joy.

At least I can reuse the map I bought for Malediction. I even got a few free tweaks to it earlier this year to reflect a location in book 3 I didn't know I needed when I commissioned it during book 1.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Shame on me for letting this slide. I have been busy even if I haven't been posting. November was #SGAM2017 and NaGaDeMon and I tried to be creative...

Shadow Princess is a Magical Fury solo actual play.
GameMaster for MF is a solo tool for running Magical Fury.
McRandom NPC a trait based (system agnostic) NPC generator. // spreadsheet //
The Zach Bestiary is a compilation of 36 NPCs for your games. // contributed and edited //

And even earlier, I worked on an idea for GameChef 2017, Another Border Crossing

Ahkita
Learn2ChadStyle

Postby Ahkita » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 am

Got on a Gravity Falls kick over winter break. It's driven me to re-open my fanfiction.net account
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12775999/1 ... s-of-Weird

Also helping someone else write a fic through the Amino app (sidenote: I find Amino to be lacking)

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 am

I've finally gotten some momentum on my next World of Calliome novel, tentatively titled Crow Queen. I've been writing it off and on for a while now, but haven't been able to sustain any sort of writing routine for two years. I'm up to 72,000 words now and I hope to finish the first draft by the end of the month. Mostly because I want to participate in NaNoWriMo again this year with my fifth Zack Jackson novel, Zack Jackson & The Ruins of Athos.

(My last post here said I was finish up Lament; I've since published two more novels, Salvation, the third in my Scars of the Sundering trilogy, and Zack Jackson & The Secret of Venus.)
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:30 am

I'm community building for #SGAM2018, suggesting themes and organizing the herd of cats. Solo Gaming Appreciation Month is a mash up of NaNoWriMo and NaGaDeMon (Novel Writing Month and Game Design/Developer Month.) Over on the Lone Wolf Role Playing Game G+ group we usually have three writing/playing challenges and a community project that we work on together.

Here's a re-cap of what we did last year... https://sologamingmonth.com/sgam2017/
--
TAZ

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:33 am

I also wrote up a solo system for playing Amber Diceless that is powered by tarot cards.
http://www.tangent-zero.com/files/FourHouses_Tangent-Zero.pdf

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Actual (solo) Plays for The Trouble with Rose [Ghost/Echo/Rose] and Into the Chasm.
https://www.deviantart.com/zircher/art/TTwR-NotLondon-779527659
https://www.deviantart.com/zircher/art/A-Magpies-Tale-782427718

I had a lot of fun with both of these even though they were very different stories, G/E/R is about magical mercs with guns while ItC is about young explorers braving a mysterious chasm.

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Well, it always happens, I plan for one thing and the Muse suggests another.

Adding a re-write of No GM's Sky for the Uncharted Worlds rules to the to-do list. Sorely tempted to make a version of Amber that is powered by Fate Accelerated.

Also added a new web toy programming task (random vessels based on UW systems.)

And, just for fun I fired up my Instant Magical Girl generator and now I'd love to write up this girl's story...

--------------------
Instant Magical Girl Generator

Girl Name: Tsukino Yui
Magical Name: Lunar Mistress Heavenly Yui

Personality/Type: Sickly Victim
Why I made a Pact: Someone I care about was nearly killed. I can’t let that happen again.
What is my wish: I wish I could be popular.

Magical Element: Shadow
Magical Weapon: Kitchen Knife
Power: Magical Pet
Description: You can conjure up a magical pet, similar to a tsukaima. It’s not sentient, but it does what you want.

Costume Style: Skirt and Blazer
Costume Colors: Black and Iridescent
Accessories: Pentagram and Jewelry

Magical Attributes: Heart 4, Fury 6, Magic 8
Normal Attributes: Charm 6, Insight 6, Tenacity 2

Specialization: Witch
Talents: Purge, Empower, Second Chance Attack
My Crisis: I woke up with no memory, and no sign of anyone who knows me.

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Wed May 01, 2019 9:44 am

I've been going through Crow Queen (now titled Summer of Crows) with spellchecker to try to scrub out duplicate words and such before my wife has a crack at the content. She's getting to the point where she's wanting to feel well enough to start working on it in the hopes of finishing it by Gen Con (which I think is really pushing it now). I just don't think I'm going to find a paid editor who can get through a 163,000+ word manuscript before Gen Con by the time I'm ready to send it to them AND do a good job.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Return to “Fear the Boot Writer's Guild”