class questions

A read-only forum where we'll discuss the game with the intent that listeners can see how we (fail to) apply our own ideas.
Dan
Host

class questions

Postby Dan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 pm

It sounds like everyone is playing pretty typical classes that go back to the stable of options in D&D 3.0, with the exception of Pat. However, just for the sake of clarity, I'd like to ask two questions.

1. Is anyone feeling strongly inclined to take an archetype?

2. There are optional rules for swapping around class and race traits. You give up one trait to pick something new from an alternate list. Is anyone feeling strongly inclined to do that?

I'd like to discourage this, simply because I'm still so new to the rules. The less I have to be confused by, the happier I am. But if one of you feels like you just MUST have something weird to make your template fit your character, I'm willing to work with it. Just tell me now or prepare to be disappointed on Wednesday when I refuse the blind-siding. ;)
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

Wayne
Host

Re: class questions

Postby Wayne » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:51 am

Nothing special here. I looked at the Archetypes innitially, but none of them appealed to me.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Chris
Host

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:00 am

Since I don't even know what the hell you are talking about, I won't do it, until I realize somewhere around 3rd level that I could have done it and then make a comment about it.
The Adventures of Young & Holt - A Deadlands: Reloaded Actual Play podcast

Johann
Host

Postby Johann » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:51 am

I had planned on the Wolf Shaman archetype, but it's not really a requirement. Just a bit of flavor that I think fits the character a bit better.

Dan
Host

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

I don't have a problem with the wolf shaman. It seems balanced enough, and if you're the only person taking one, it's not like I'll have a ton of these to learn.
Holy or unholy. Only one homie. Only this gun. Lonely 'cause don't anyone know me.

Return to “Player Discussion”