Actual Play se1ep1 The Blight in Bodie

Discussion about episodes, blog entries, or anything related to the Kicked in the Dicebags family of podcasts.

Moderator: Kicked in the Dicebags

Forum rules
This sub-forum is moderated by the hosts of Kicked in the Dicebags. Please respect their wishes.
DirtyxByrd
Wicked, Hella, Awesome, Tight

Actual Play se1ep1 The Blight in Bodie

Postby DirtyxByrd » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 am

http://traffic.libsyn.com/kickedinthedi ... se1ep1.mp3

Recorded Live at Fear the Con 8,

This is actual play from Fear the Con 8. There is some background noise from the con. I wanted to see if it’s still Listenable before posting it on Kicked in the dicebags Podcast feed. Using Fate Accelerated Rules from Evil Hat Productions. I tend to run these Fast and loose so It may not a perfect example of the ruleset.

Things I used for this session Rorie’s Story cubes as an ice breaker to start engaging people and to come up with the events that happened before the start of the game. (not recorded)

Backstory Cards from Brooklyn Indie Games. I used to help tie the Characters together and with the settings Factions/NPC’s.

Let me know what you think!
Junk Magic Junk! I edit and say random things on the
Image Podcast

enigmatic
Aarakocra

Re: Actual Play se1ep1 The Blight in Bodie

Postby enigmatic » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:57 pm

I've been waiting for this, just to hear what you said to the Outlaw when you two ran off out of the room. I figured it had to be heavily edited since the first combat took longer than an hour if I remember right. The combat was totally worth it though. Glad you didn't cut anything out...I'll just have to wait as you dribble stuff out. Plus I'm curious about the other Bodie game.

The audio turned out really well. I don't know what you did, but it's pretty clear. I've head other Con APs that you could just about follow the game running at the next table. It probably helped that we were against the wall too.

BTW, I was Jeb, the Veteran in this. Best con game I've ever played.

theteam2015
Spambot?

Postby theteam2015 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:12 am

thank you mr. ;) ;)

DirtyxByrd
Wicked, Hella, Awesome, Tight

Postby DirtyxByrd » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:31 am

Yeah not editing is what i'm known for. :problem:

Acutally didn't do anything to the audio. I found my normal editing process actually brought up the background sound so i just took the base files and converted to MP3.

Thanks man I had a blast running it. I'll try to get the next part out soon but likely next week at some point.
Junk Magic Junk! I edit and say random things on the
Image Podcast

Return to “Kicked in the Dicebags!”