<Fear The Guild> (World of Warcraft)

If you want to try and hook up with other booters online this is the place for it. Be they one night, one off, long running campaign, leagues, IRC's, SKYPE, gaming, non-gaming, conversation, or solving the worlds problems. This is the place for getting together with booters online and has various stickies for online services ID and users names.
Aaron Stack
The TOFtBCH Trigger

<Fear The Guild> (World of Warcraft)

Postby Aaron Stack » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks for sticky!

So, I heard there's this game coming out called World of Warcraft. May have heard of it; it's just the most successful MMORPG of all time, and current reigning king of that particular market. There've been a few attempts at a FTB WoW guild, some more successful than others, and because we're such insane gluttons for punishment, we've created the newest rendition, the definitive, the one and only:

<Fear The Guild>

Anyone is welcome, 'Booter or otherwise, to kick around and enjoy some dungeon crawling, roleplaying (eventually), show-referencing antics with both FTB hosts and forum regulars. Get geared up for Cataclysm and have a laugh while doing it!

Guild Details:
-Server/Faction: Argent Dawn/Alliance; this is an RP server, but the RP's apparently pretty sparse from what I've found thusfar. Hopefully this will change, depending on how the user-base grows and where we go as a group.
-Channels: Guild Chat is OOC, obviously, since we're not an RP guild at the moment (again, this is one of my personal goals, but we won't turn away people who aren't interested in RPing on WoW since I certainly understand why); we also have the BootersAnon channel (type /join BootersAnon into a chat box to join the channel) for cross-guild communication and for getting folks into the guild.
-Tabard: Blue background, bone-fringe, white boots
-Guild Bank: Four tabs and counting; feel free to donate towards new tabs, and take what you need, just don't get greedy or there will be problems (and I don't like being a bad cop, so let's just be nice, yeah? ;) ).
-Activity: Evenings and Weekends, for the most part (though some keep different schedules than others)

Current Members/"Honorary Members" ('Booters who are not in the guild but are active on the server):
-Key: (O) = Officer; (M) = Member; (F) = Friend (not in the guild but is a Booter none the less); (H) = Host
(O) Aaron Stack (Mohlram - 80 Dwarven Discipline Priest with Shadow offspec; Tailoring/Inscription; Generally on evenings or weekends, after 6pm Central until about 11pm Central for evenings and any time of the day for weekends, depending on circumstances)

Feel free to discuss WoW in general in this topic too, but try and keep it at least somewhat guild-business focused. I would really appreciate folks posting information for their characters so I can add them to the membership lists; add things like level, race/talent spec/role, professions, and time slots available so that we can be as comprehensive as possible.

And here... we... go!

Stickey'ed. If you get ten active members I'll make this thread a forum. -Chad
Triggerhappy938 wrote:You must be careful, Aaron's is the d4 that will pierce the heavens!

Chronicles of Spire: Rebellion - Now on Smashwords and CreateSpace!

Kismet Kobra
Teller of gaming stories

Re: <Fear The Guild> (World of Warcraft)

Postby Kismet Kobra » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:59 pm

Aaron Stack wrote:Stickey'ed. If you get ten active members I'll make this thread a forum. -Chad

As of this morning I counted 12. 8-)

David Blue
da ba dee da ba die

Postby David Blue » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Define "active".

I WoW like bad weather; never rains but it pours.

Aaron Stack
The TOFtBCH Trigger

Postby Aaron Stack » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 pm

David Gray wrote:Define "active".

I WoW like bad weather; never rains but it pours.

As far as I'm concerned, any Fear the Boot forum regular is welcome to join and won't get kicked unless they A) make it clear they're never coming back to WoW (IRL conflicts, computer caught fire, etc), B) make it clear we are not the community for them (either because we're jerks, or they're jerks to us).

Generally speaking, just drop a note here or in game if you're not planning to be around, but if something comes up then don't worry, we'll keep your spot warm for you ;)
Triggerhappy938 wrote:You must be careful, Aaron's is the d4 that will pierce the heavens!

Chronicles of Spire: Rebellion - Now on Smashwords and CreateSpace!

Kismet Kobra
Teller of gaming stories

Postby Kismet Kobra » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:54 am

Here is an Armory link to the guild: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/argen ... ild/roster

It doesn’t have nifty info like who is whom or whatnot (except, of course, Wihzerd), but you can see our guys and gals. 8-)

EDIT: Updated link to the new armory page.
Last edited by Kismet Kobra on Wed May 11, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mady
BABUSHKA!

Postby Mady » Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 pm

You guys know there used to be a FtB guild on Blackhand right? I was one of the officers of the guild, along with Chad, Dan, and a huge list of others! Boy do I miss that guild...

Anyway, if I start playing again, I'll make sure to look you guys up!
--
~Mady

anelson96
I am the story stick

Postby anelson96 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I hope you guys don't mind that I necrobump this, but since the section in gone on the forums, I'm assuming no one plays anymore?
'Worst Gamer in North America'
My Twitch

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I think that David Grey and Grey Tigress might still play. I have cancelled my account. I don't have any MMOs going at the moment. I don't actually have any video games at all going at the moment.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

David Blue
da ba dee da ba die

Postby David Blue » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Well, since I found Diablo 3 and then Skyrim, I haven't been in WoW for a while. However, I decided to start back up again.

So, although very belated, Wayne is correct that GT and I occasionally play. And I'll be doing more in the near future.

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Re: (World of Warcraft)

Postby keithcurtis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:57 pm

I let my account lapse a while back. I could rarely find guildies of comparable level when I was on and things got insanely busy for a while. I'll probably reactivate soon, since my daughter has been bugging me to play.

Return to “Online Hook Ups and IDs”