Civ V play by Email

If you want to try and hook up with other booters online this is the place for it. Be they one night, one off, long running campaign, leagues, IRC's, SKYPE, gaming, non-gaming, conversation, or solving the worlds problems. This is the place for getting together with booters online and has various stickies for online services ID and users names.
Zylo
I am the story stick

Civ V play by Email

Postby Zylo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:59 pm

So I recently heard that Civ V added in play be email a while back, I would love to get a game started since its hard to get a bunch of people to devote their whole day to this game.

Anyone interested?

(For those who don't know what play by email is, basically the game runs on a separate sever and you are notified when it is your turn so you don't have to wait for other people to play.)

Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Re: Civ V play by Email

Postby Mikel » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 pm

How long would that take? seems like it'd be forever.
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:04 pm

Note to self: Check to see if I have Civ V installed and updated. :-)

Zylo
I am the story stick

Postby Zylo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Mikel wrote:How long would that take? seems like it'd be forever.

Yeah it could take weeks, but this isn;t for people who want to play and be done the same day, this is for people who cant devote the time to play this game all in one sitting.

The only caveat is that everyone would need to be online for the 5 mins it takes to start the game, after that everyone is free to log off and only log back in on their turn.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:47 pm

That sounds perfect! I'm totally in!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 pm

Ah yeah! And all Civ V DLC just went on sale for 75% off for the weekend. Noice timing!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zylo
I am the story stick

Postby Zylo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Ok looks like some interest, so we will need to pick a day to start it and what DLC were using.

Also if somone besides me want to host it that would be great since I have to use my computer sometimes for none civ V things. If not then ill just warn everyone when the server hosting the game will be unavailable.

So anyone got a date they can hop onto Civ V for lets say... 10 min just to kick this thing off?

Also whats everyones DLCs looking like?

I myself am free almost any time any day and own none of the DLC. Though I could buy it if everyone else owns it.

zircher

Postby zircher » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:23 am

I have all the DLC items, so I'm game for any scenario. My only question is humans vs computers or a free for all?

For the real-time part, I'm good most evenings and sometime during the day on the weekend.

I checked to see if my son still had his old machine, but he gifted it a while back so I don't have an easy hosting option, sorry.

Zylo mentioned something about using Steam for message handling, that works for me (tzircher).
--
TAZ

Zylo
I am the story stick

Postby Zylo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 am

Well I personally am completely uninterested in humans vs Ai as I have never once lost to the games AI.

That being said the way I have typically played in the past is just a free for all between humans and AI's and let the alliances fall where they may.

zircher

Postby zircher » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am

Fair enough. In the human vs machine games that I played, they were pretty social and we always had at least 2 AIs for every human player.

Refresh my memory, in Civ 5 can a player concede mid-game if they're on the loosing end of a war or if life gets in the way and they can't play anymore?

Return to “Online Hook Ups and IDs”