Fear the Band

I bet you have never heard of this...
Sernos
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Fear the Band

Postby Sernos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Assuming there are no complaints from any of the mods or admins or anything, tombombodil and I have decided to start an unofficial Fear the Boot band AKA Fear the Band (name pending).

A lot of the details (like what kinds of music we play, how precisely we write and record, etc.) will depend a lot on the band members so they have yet to be decided.

Right now there are only two requirements for joining:
  • You can record with some degree of quality
  • You can write down what you play as tabs or sheet music or whatever

Right now we've got tombombodil who can do vocals, play guitar and violin, and me who can play guitar, mountain dulcimer, mandolin, ukulele, and then synthesize literally anything else. Thus, I'll be filling in whatever gaps need to be filled. I'll also probably be the main sound engineer/editor/mixer/etc. unless we get someone who knows more than I do.

So, that all said, anyone interested in joining our little project?

tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Fear the Band

Postby tombombodil » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:35 pm

I have a good mic and a decent set-up. I can also rent out an actual studio room at my college which would be cool.

This might be getting a little ahead, but if anyone has songs they'd like to do that would also be cool xD. I have a couple I could throw together some sheet music for.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Sernos
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Sernos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:41 pm

tombombodil wrote:I have a good mic and a decent set-up. I can also rent out an actual studio room at my college which would be cool.

This might be getting a little ahead, but if anyone has songs they'd like to do that would also be cool xD. I have a couple I could throw together some sheet music for.

I'd love to see what you come up with so I'd say go nuts!

Sernos
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Sernos » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 am

Don't get me wrong, I still want to see what you come up with, but I'm thinking for at least our first song, just to ease into things, we do a cover of something, but maybe rewrite the lyrics to something more... Booter-y.

Any suggestions or ideas?

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:41 am

I do, but just so you don't think I'm starting to flake out, right now it's PAX, and then a day or two visiting my folks. I'll have two weeks of vacation then before school starts. I'll go full tilt then :D

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear that sounds like a rad idea :D

Sernos
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Sernos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:38 am

No worries. If you want you can throw some cover ideas at me and I can at least get started poking them with sticks.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:46 pm

hey sorry it took my like 5 years to get on this. So as I only really play one instrument at a time I focus mostly on melodies and lyrics. In an effort to get up to speed on TuxGuitar I transcribed a little jazzy ditty I've been working on.

After a bit of poking around I decided not try and mess with all the effect setting and just get it as close as possible so you could get the gist of it. The end result is some really weird rests and timing to try and mimic the syncopation, but if you can imagine it being a sort of swingy-jazz rhythm it makes sense.

I'll pm you a link to the .tg file

Return to “Audio”