Music Lessons

I bet you have never heard of this...
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Music Lessons

Postby Ikoma » Thu May 07, 2015 11:57 am

Random questions...

My wife and I want to give our middle child trombone lessons over the summer. He learned it in 5th grade band and likes it. Enough that he wants to continue with it. So the question is, what is a reasonable/normal amount to pay for such lessons? And where do you look for a teacher?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Music Lessons

Postby tombombodil » Thu May 07, 2015 12:34 pm

Ikoma wrote:Random questions...

My wife and I want to give our middle child trombone lessons over the summer. He learned it in 5th grade band and likes it. Enough that he wants to continue with it. So the question is, what is a reasonable/normal amount to pay for such lessons? And where do you look for a teacher?

If the teacher is a true professional and comes highly recommended expect to pay 50-85 dollars for an hour of a classical instrument (including singing). As far as where to look, I'd recommend talking to anyone you know with kids who have taken lessons, personal recommendations are going to give the best results in my experience.

Past that I'm sure there's a website where teachers post their info in your area. You could also try reputable music stores, check boards there and ask the people there.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Leoff
Skies of Glass Historian

Re: Music Lessons

Postby Leoff » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 am

I'll have Gamma-Ray talk more about this -- If you have a local community band, they may have a trombonist who teaches.
They may even have a junior program. Our community band, and I think also the next-town-over Royal Canadian Legion Band, has a junior band -- not just for kids, but for any player not yet ready to join the whole band, either because it's been twenty years and they're just getting into it, or because they're just starting.

Return to “Audio”