Anyone collect records?

I bet you have never heard of this...
BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Re: Anyone collect records?

Postby BottledViolence » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:14 pm

I've been going through my old records, and realized I have a lot more than I thought. When the weather is a bit nicer I'll probably build some storage crates for them since a half dozen milk crates isn't really cutting it.

keithcurtis
IT'S OVER 9000!

Postby keithcurtis » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:58 pm

I don't collect, but does it count that I've got about a dozen I can't bring myself to throw away? Even though I haven't had a working turntable in 20 years?

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:32 pm

keithcurtis wrote:I don't collect, but does it count that I've got about a dozen I can't bring myself to throw away? Even though I haven't had a working turntable in 20 years?

I probably have 50. :(
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Record Store Day looks to be a wash out this year, a lot of crap and nothing I'm interested in.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Chad wrote:Record Store Day looks to be a wash out this year, a lot of crap and nothing I'm interested in.

yea nothing too big. i'm sad that my go to spot (slackers at the mills) has closed, since it was always easy to get what I wanted with no line. i'm not going to try Vintage Vinyl ever again on RSD, it's a nuthouse. i'll probably make my way to slackers stcharles or midrivers. vintage stock said they can't participate anymore since they're not considered an independent store. :(

here's what i'm looking for this year with printruns, if its anything like last few i'll only find 2 or 3 of these.

AIC - Get Born double 7" (4000)
Avenged 7fold - Waking the Fallen 2x picture (1300)
Claypool Lennon Delirium - 10" green (3030)
Offspring debut 12" - (2500)
Pink Floyd Intersteller 12" (4000)
Iggy Pop - Post Pop live 3x LP (1200)
Coheed - Apollo IV 2x LP (2500)
Flaming Lips - Space Station LP (2700)
SRV - Live 2x LP (3000)
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm

clintmemo wrote:
keithcurtis wrote:I don't collect, but does it count that I've got about a dozen I can't bring myself to throw away? Even though I haven't had a working turntable in 20 years?

if you guys want to sell or trade them hit me up with a list
-Casey

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
clintmemo wrote:

if you guys want to sell or trade them hit me up with a list

Everything I have are things I bought when I was younger before I switched to CD's. It's all stuff from the early 1970's through about 1986 or 1987 - mostly progressive rock stuff but a few others from bands that were popular at the time. (I confess to having bought both Duran-Duran and Culture Club records.) They have been in a box in my basement closet for at least 12 years. They may all be smashed to powder for all I know. I really need to dig them out. Although it's very unlikely, I might be sitting on same rare valuable record.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
Chad wrote:Record Store Day looks to be a wash out this year, a lot of crap and nothing I'm interested in.

yea nothing too big. i'm sad that my go to spot (slackers at the mills) has closed, since it was always easy to get what I wanted with no line. i'm not going to try Vintage Vinyl ever again on RSD, it's a nuthouse. i'll probably make my way to slackers stcharles or midrivers. vintage stock said they can't participate anymore since they're not considered an independent store. :(

here's what i'm looking for this year with printruns, if its anything like last few i'll only find 2 or 3 of these.

AIC - Get Born double 7" (4000)
Avenged 7fold - Waking the Fallen 2x picture (1300)
Claypool Lennon Delirium - 10" green (3030)
Offspring debut 12" - (2500)
Pink Floyd Intersteller 12" (4000)
Iggy Pop - Post Pop live 3x LP (1200)
Coheed - Apollo IV 2x LP (2500)
Flaming Lips - Space Station LP (2700)
SRV - Live 2x LP (3000)

Check out Dead Wax on Cherokee. I've shown up about an hour before they opened on the last couple of RSD and I was like the 5 to 8th person in line. Doors opened, got what I wanted of the stuff they had and walked out. Scored the RSD Neko Case album there.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Chad wrote:Check out Dead Wax on Cherokee. I've shown up about an hour before they opened on the last couple of RSD and I was like the 5 to 8th person in line. Doors opened, got what I wanted of the stuff they had and walked out. Scored the RSD Neko Case album there.

i may have to do that. it's a little far from me up in florissant though.

there's also a tiny shop next to ready room in the grove
-Casey

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
Chad wrote:Check out Dead Wax on Cherokee. I've shown up about an hour before they opened on the last couple of RSD and I was like the 5 to 8th person in line. Doors opened, got what I wanted of the stuff they had and walked out. Scored the RSD Neko Case album there.

i may have to do that. it's a little far from me up in florissant though.

there's also a tiny shop next to ready room in the grove

It's worth the trip, the store it self is great. Very small selection but much more... curated. Lots of quality stuff. There are also some nice restaurants (the pizza place a block or so down is tasty) and quirky shops. Makes for a great walk in the spring.

Return to “Audio”