Anyone collect records?

I bet you have never heard of this...
Chad
Host

Anyone collect records?

Postby Chad » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:37 pm

I've been collecting vinyl records for a few months now and I'm really enjoying it. St. Louis has a few really good shops for it.

Perhaps we can set up some trades?

SpaniardFightor
'something' per Dan's request

Re: Anyone collect records?

Postby SpaniardFightor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:52 am

I've been collecting records since I was sixteen. Where I live there are a few little recrods stores with a lot of flavor that sadly they have been disapearing from the begining of the economic crysis.

Not sure if I would engage trading with you guys since I don't know if I would be able to pay the shipping costs, but we should set a forum topic for it :D

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:41 am

:lol: Yeah, I think that shipping might be cost prohibitive.

What kinds of records do you collect? I've got a ton of jazz and some big band. I'd like to get some more classic rock (St. Louis has a ton of this) and old school hip hop and punk (St. Louis has almost none of this).

SpaniardFightor

Postby SpaniardFightor » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:37 pm

I little bit of everything that I like. Classic Rock,Blues, Folk. Some of my trasures are Dire Straits "Brothers in arms", Bob Dylan's Blood on the tracks, Supertramps "Crysis what crysis" and one from Radio Futura's "La ley",The Cure Disintegration etc.

Now I'm searching for some blues sutff :D

BurnYU
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby BurnYU » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:47 am

I would not say i collect them, i just have a lot of them from my dad he was really into music and it was the medium of the day. They have a big personal value to me.

SpaniardFightor

Postby SpaniardFightor » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:01 pm

BurnYU wrote:I would not say i collect them, i just have a lot of them from my dad he was really into music and it was the medium of the day. They have a big personal value to me.

Yep I know how it is. My grandpa and my dad collected records too and I really keep them close even if I don't like all of them. :)

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I have a box full of records stashed somewhere in my basement from when I was a kid - mostly prog and what would now be classic rock.

I really need to find it and sell them off - or something. I keep saying that and not doing it.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

Lime-Wielding Ninja
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Lime-Wielding Ninja » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:33 pm

I have a small collection of records, mostly jazz, alternative '70s and '80s rock, and brass band and classical stuff, with a few Beach Boys albums as well. I would very much like to expand my collection. My dad has also lent me some of his records to be returned the next time one of us visits the other. I think it's mostly free jazz stuff. Mum and Dad have an expansive collection.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

clintmemo wrote:I have a box full of records stashed somewhere in my basement from when I was a kid - mostly prog and what would now be classic rock.

I really need to find it and sell them off - or something. I keep saying that and not doing it.

If you ever haul them up post what you have here. I might buy a couple of them off you or even buy the whole box depending on price/condition.

okeefe
Dapper Metroid

Postby okeefe » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:04 pm

“You have made an enemy of the birds, my friend.”

Return to “Audio”