Podcasts you enjoy

I bet you have never heard of this...
clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Re: Podcasts you enjoy

Postby clintmemo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:19 am

This week's episode of Stuff You Missed in History Class was about Sir Christopher Lee. They said that in World War 2, he was a member of an elite commando group called "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare."
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

McNutcase
The Fang and Cape wearing, Backyard Wrasslin', 1987 Buick Skyhawk with Dixie Horn driving superhero

Postby McNutcase » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:23 pm

clintmemo wrote:This week's episode of Stuff You Missed in History Class was about Sir Christopher Lee. They said that in World War 2, he was a member of an elite commando group called "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare."

Which would be why he famously told Peter Jackson he didn't have to imagine the sound of a man being stabbed...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:15 am

McNutcase wrote:
clintmemo wrote:This week's episode of Stuff You Missed in History Class was about Sir Christopher Lee. They said that in World War 2, he was a member of an elite commando group called "The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare."

Which would be why he famously told Peter Jackson he didn't have to imagine the sound of a man being stabbed...

Yup. That story was part of the episode.

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:20 am

I just listened to an episode of Radiolab that had to do with Alan Funt and Candid Camera and something that happened to him in 1969 where he was on a plane that was high-jacked to Cuba. I had never heard the story before. It sounds like an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents." I'm surprised it has never been made into a movie.

Timespike
Crossed the River

Postby Timespike » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 pm

I just started listening to Idle Weekend. It's going to stay in my rotation. Good stuff.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Just found out that FiveThirtyEight has three podcasts (sports, data, & elections). Pretty excited to try them out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jeremy
Spambot?

Postby Jeremy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:27 pm

I've recently started listening to "The Secret World Chronicles". It's a super-hero serial podcast that's spearheaded by Mercedez Lackey. It strikes me that it would be a very good way to run a super-hero campaign- different tiers of powers/operatives, multiple sub-plots under the over-arching main plot, a lot going on with teams and views from the reluctant street-meta all the way up to an all-powerful angel.

Fridrik
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby Fridrik » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:57 am

Just found the untitled Adam Savage project podcast.
http://www.tested.com/still-untitled-th ... e-project/

It's good

SkullMutant
BABUSHKA!

Postby SkullMutant » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:48 pm

I can't believe people haven't mentioned OneShot, the sister podcast to Campaign, but instead of a continuous story they try new stuff every month. Both are excellent, and take their storytelling to the next level. Especially strange it's not here as the FtB gang will appear on their show in the near future! Get on it now so you can get real excite!
While I write about that I'll pimp the OneShot Wiki as well. You can check out what games they've played, who performed in what episode, check out their affiliated podcasts and keep track of the Kanan of the Campaign adventures.

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Is there such a thing as "History really does repeat itself - the podcast" ?

We often hear the phrase "People who don't study history are doomed to repeat it." It seems like that would be perfect podcast material.
"<This Thing That is Happening> is just like <That Thing That Happened> way back in the year xxxx."
Find a topic, show how it is similar to a past event, then show what happened after said past event. Obviously, there's no way you could avoid politics and such and you would be have to be careful to explain how the current event is different from the past event and what that could mean, but ti seems like that would make a great podcast.

Return to “Audio”