Big Red Couch Podcast - Turning Bad Ideas Into Games

If you want to advertise something of interest to our community, please do it here.
zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Re: Big Red Couch Podcast - Turning Bad Ideas Into Games

Postby zircher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 pm

On the bright side, if New Zealand does win, you get to jump up on the table at work and do a Maori Hakka, right? National pride and all that. :D

Pruthian Caveman
Wayne's Batman Costume ASSistant

Postby Pruthian Caveman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 pm

zircher wrote:On the bright side, if New Zealand does win, you get to jump up on the table at work and do a Maori Hakka, right? National pride and all that. :D

I mean, I could - I still vaguely remember one about pulling a boat ashore from when I worked in conservation. (NZ Government Jobs are weird) - But I think I'd get things thrown at me.
A lot.
By people who play cricket a lot & can really hiff an object with some force.
I've somehow ended up in a podcast
The Big Red Couch - Turning Random Ideas Into Playable Games. Mostly.

Pruthian Caveman

Postby Pruthian Caveman » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Last edited by Pruthian Caveman on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burning
Hot Cherry Bendovers!

Postby Burning » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:19 am

Excellent episode. I'm impressed at the variety of ideas that came from this weird prompt. I confess that I just got stalled on the mental image of Leonard Nimoy saying in his best Mr. Spock voice "What does 'A Cheeky Nando's' mean?"

And it was educational too! I had to google Captain Swing, since previously I only knew that as the title of a Michelle Shocked album.
"Space is blue, and birds fly through it." - Werner Heisenberg

Cookie dough, ergo sum.

Pruthian Caveman

Postby Pruthian Caveman » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Episode One Hundred And Twenty Eight – Religious Cops Train To Fight Magic

The woefully underfunded members of the TZMP (Tserkovnyye Zashchitniki Moskovskogo Patriarkhata) must walk a line between keeping a low profile, maintaining interdepartmental peace with the uncanny Night Watch, and the disapproval of the authorities, while still managing to thwart the forces of Hell.

Your multi-denominational precinct of peace officers work diligently to maintain law and order, though your task may find you crossing into “differently-Holy” ground.

Odd-couple detective partnerships are a classic trope, but when one of the pair is a literal angel the cases they handle tend to involve obscure prophesy and dire omens.

Ably assisted this week by John H Reiher Jr – unlike us layabouts, he actually makes games! Check them out!

Return to “Shameless Plugs”