LEGO creations

A central location for all of our still pictures. From what you look like to event pics to something you just want to share with us.
DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Re: LEGO creations

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I had not heard of mobile frame, but it looks really cool. I love building legos but generally don't because the kits are so expensive and only provide like one afternoons worth of building.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:47 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

keithcurtis
Ennies Ballot Box Stuffer

Postby keithcurtis » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:07 am

That's a cool story.

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:44 pm

I was building Legos with my nephew today and stole a bunch of smaller pieces because I thought those mechs BadMrMojo made are cool and even though I know nothing about the game I just want to design a Lego mech.

Turns out that's more difficult than I thought it would be, at least with the pieces I grabbed. I'll keep fiddling with them over the next week or so probably... I might raid the Lego bin again (it's full of Legos that were originally mine and my brothers growing up, so it's not exactly like I'm stealing from a four year old...)

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Arms are hard (Would probably be easier if I wasn't working entirely from a small pile of scavenged parts), but I think that reads as a mech?

I also looked up that game and discovered that the PDF is free... I may need to convince my cousin and wife to try it just to justify building more Lego mechs.

BadMrMojo
I am the story stick

Postby BadMrMojo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Definitely reads as a mech. Sort of has an "Urbanmech trying to peek over a building" vibe. The feet are particularly clever, as you get a really wide range of motion out of that simple connection.

Last mention and then I'll get off the MFZ diversion, but you also don't have to use Lego. That was the original inspiration and it works for peeling off systems as you take damage, but you can make frames out of anything (even binder clips, rubber bands, and post-its). It's just convenient to make it a visual representation of the frame's stats (and tear it apart as it loses stats due to damage) and some people happen to enjoy making tiny robots.

With that being said, here are some more tiny robots to stay on topic. These were a part of a challenge to design a frame using only 6 different parts. I really wanted to try these out with the Rooftop Racing rules but never quite got around to it.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:55 am

Here's a hew creation directly from the LEGO company... bio bricks.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/news-room/2018/march/pfp

Pretty cool solution to the plastics come from oil problem.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:14 pm

While it is an official kit, I grabbed the 'Black Panther Royal Talon Fighter' today:

Only $4 at Wal-Mart and I feel like it has a lot of great parts for mechs, I need to grab a few more of these to start a MFZ company. It doesn't have ball joints or t pieces though, so I'll need to find something else too for arms and legs I think.

Return to “Pictures”