Time to screw with certain types of people

A central location for all of our still pictures. From what you look like to event pics to something you just want to share with us.
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Re: Time to screw with certain types of people

Postby McNutcase » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Ikoma wrote:Image

Yeah, people can be surprised by recoil. And it doesn't always work how you'd expect; I would far rather shoot .45 than 9mm, because I find 9mm tiring. And this is from someone who likes the kick of a Lee-Enfield more than the kick of, say, a Mini-14. And the first time I shot .454 Casull, I loved it. I'd rather shoot .357 Magnum than .38 Special.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:14 am

McNutcase wrote:

Yeah, people can be surprised by recoil. And it doesn't always work how you'd expect; I would far rather shoot .45 than 9mm, because I find 9mm tiring. And this is from someone who likes the kick of a Lee-Enfield more than the kick of, say, a Mini-14. And the first time I shot .454 Casull, I loved it. I'd rather shoot .357 Magnum than .38 Special.

Also, there are assholes out there that enjoy giving weapons with heavy recoil to first time shooters.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

Azhrei Vep
Player Possessed NPC

Postby Azhrei Vep » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 am

Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:

Also, there are assholes out there that enjoy giving weapons with heavy recoil to first time shooters.

Ah yeah. I remember the bruise I had on my face after my uncle handed me a big honkin' .45 of some variety back when I was five. Sadistic big shit laughed his ass off at that. ... I mean, so do I, now, but still. Rude.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Azhrei Vep wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:

Ah yeah. I remember the bruise I had on my face after my uncle handed me a big honkin' .45 of some variety back when I was five. Sadistic big shit laughed his ass off at that. ... I mean, so do I, now, but still. Rude.
"Moments from my life I'd love to have a gif of" for $500?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Have you found the yellow sign?

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 am

I remember the first time I was shooting grandpa's .30-06 deer rifle. Dad decided it would be fun to hand me one of grandpa's 'hot loads'. Fortunately, I did notice the red tip. Holy mackerel did that beast kick. I kept from eating the rifle and just quietly cleared the chamber and handed it back to him. I might have whispered something like, "I'm done for the day."
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:30 am

zircher wrote:I remember the first time I was shooting grandpa's .30-06 deer rifle. Dad decided it would be fun to hand me one of grandpa's 'hot loads'. Fortunately, I did notice the red tip. Holy mackerel did that beast kick. I kept from eating the rifle and just quietly cleared the chamber and handed it back to him. I might have whispered something like, "I'm done for the day."

All I've shot in .30-06 is a Garand. Loved that, it's a gorgeous rifle to shoot.

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 am

Grandpa's deer rifle probably saw life as a war surplus Springfield 1903 and was modified for hunting. Not sure about its exact pedigree. I'm sure it's a smooth shooter, but I'd rather try it again with standard loads so I could shoot it more than once a day. :-)
Working on a big update to my hobby site; new content, better navigation, hopefully more mobile friendly. http://tangent-zero.com

BottledViolence
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby BottledViolence » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:

It's also a good way to get someone killed if they lose control and double tap it with more than a single round loaded.

Bai Shen
Skies of Glass Historian

Postby Bai Shen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:52 pm

BottledViolence wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:

It's also a good way to get someone killed if they lose control and double tap it with more than a single round loaded.

That's why you only put one in when working with new shooters.
Vote Mumblebear/CHAINSAW

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Bai Shen wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:
Bai Shen wrote:
McNutcase wrote:

That's why you only put one in when working with new shooters.

A lot of ranges round here insist on not allowing anyone to put more than one into an SKS. Apparently there was an epidemic of dumbasses not cleaning out all the cosmoline, and getting slamfires because the firing pin was embedded in cosmoline rather than free floating. :roll:

Return to “Pictures”