Here There Be Dragons.

A central location for all of our still pictures. From what you look like to event pics to something you just want to share with us.
User avatar
GothiUllr
LF's Frikin' Laser Maintenance Tech
Posts: 3045
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby GothiUllr » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Noble Bear wrote:Image

I LOVED that show

User avatar
pkalata
Considering a +1 Tattoo
Posts: 9841
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby pkalata » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:29 pm

What show is that?
PK Sullivan.com: my site for amateur game design and original fiction.

mumblebear wrote:Of all the solutions that don't work, whiskey is the best.

User avatar
GothiUllr
LF's Frikin' Laser Maintenance Tech
Posts: 3045
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby GothiUllr » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Eureeka's Castle! but I've always had a soft spot for shows with puppets.

User avatar
harborpirate
LF's frikin' laser attendant
Posts: 2209
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby harborpirate » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Normally I'm against a conspicuous lack of armor, but a dragon familiar/protector explains things nicely.

MrElzebub wrote:Keith Parkinson, Gygax rest his soul, is one of my all time favorite fantasy painters.

Image


Not sure if this will embed, but worth a shot:
Image
01/06/14: A dwarven dragon-scale shield that was secreted away by a strange messenger long ago. It is the only thing feared by the Fell Dragon of Bloody Death.

User avatar
Noble Bear
Wants to try and hold a conversation in Pretty
Posts: 12647
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:26 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby Noble Bear » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

GothiUllr wrote:Eureeka's Castle! but I've always had a soft spot for shows with puppets.


Them!
Us!
They!
Me!
You me you we ONE TWO THREE!
A bear there was!
A bear! a bear!
All black and brown and covered with hair!

User avatar
Freemage
Hot Wings Eating Champ
Posts: 7564
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby Freemage » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:09 am

harborpirate wrote:Normally I'm against a conspicuous lack of armor, but a dragon familiar/protector explains things nicely.

MrElzebub wrote:Keith Parkinson, Gygax rest his soul, is one of my all time favorite fantasy painters.

Image



Hrm... It's not that she's unarmored that's bugging me about that picture ("no armor" isn't the same as "bad armor"--lots of groups historically eschewed armoring, usually due to lack of available materials).

But her outfit's a fashion-clash that hurts muh brain. The outer robe is straight from Medeival Warlock Emporium, while her... undergarment? Clothing? Whatever--is from some sort of faux-native styling. The cloak should be something like a leather cape with feathers, to fit the overall vibe--where the flock does a nature-living dragon-rider (at least, that's what the art suggests, and the actual outfit implies) get gold embroidery thread, anyway--and WHY? Meh.
You say "wankery" like it's a bad thing.

ImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
pkalata
Considering a +1 Tattoo
Posts: 9841
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby pkalata » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Freemage wrote:
harborpirate wrote:Normally I'm against a conspicuous lack of armor, but a dragon familiar/protector explains things nicely.

MrElzebub wrote:Keith Parkinson, Gygax rest his soul, is one of my all time favorite fantasy painters.

Image



Hrm... It's not that she's unarmored that's bugging me about that picture ("no armor" isn't the same as "bad armor"--lots of groups historically eschewed armoring, usually due to lack of available materials).

But her outfit's a fashion-clash that hurts muh brain. The outer robe is straight from Medeival Warlock Emporium, while her... undergarment? Clothing? Whatever--is from some sort of faux-native styling. The cloak should be something like a leather cape with feathers, to fit the overall vibe--where the flock does a nature-living dragon-rider (at least, that's what the art suggests, and the actual outfit implies) get gold embroidery thread, anyway--and WHY? Meh.


I see that and think, "Well, there's an escaped sacrifice." They trussed her up in the Slutty Virgin (tm) Sacrifice bikini, she instead made friends with the dragon, the dragon ate the high priest, she took the robe because she was cold and now she and her dragon buddy are off on an adventure.
PK Sullivan.com: my site for amateur game design and original fiction.

mumblebear wrote:Of all the solutions that don't work, whiskey is the best.

User avatar
Morgan_Lockbreaker
You Gotta Admit!
Posts: 7232
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Colfax, Louisiana

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby Morgan_Lockbreaker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 pm

She makes me think of wizardess looking out from the back porch on a nice Saturday morning with her favorite dragonling. That would make the scene completely non-epic though somehow cooler in my mind. All she needs is a photoshopped mug of coffee in her right hand.
Google+ profile
https://twitter.com/MarshWgamer
BGG profile
BGA profile

Your Vorpal Sword uses Behead!... It's super effective!

User avatar
pkalata
Considering a +1 Tattoo
Posts: 9841
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby pkalata » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:40 pm

mumblebear wrote:
Morgan_Lockbreaker wrote:She makes me think of wizardess looking out from the back porch on a nice Saturday morning with her favorite dragonling. That would make the scene completely non-epic though somehow cooler in my mind. All she needs is a photoshopped mug of coffee in her right hand.


And the dragon needs to have a freshly fetched paperboy under its paws.

FTFY
PK Sullivan.com: my site for amateur game design and original fiction.

mumblebear wrote:Of all the solutions that don't work, whiskey is the best.

User avatar
Morgan_Lockbreaker
You Gotta Admit!
Posts: 7232
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Colfax, Louisiana

Re: Here There Be Dragons.

Postby Morgan_Lockbreaker » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:47 pm

mumblebear wrote:"Told that little bastard if he hit my bird feeder again there'd be hell to pay."


:lol:

"His pokemon won't be able to save him from Smaug Jr."
Google+ profile
https://twitter.com/MarshWgamer
BGG profile
BGA profile

Your Vorpal Sword uses Behead!... It's super effective!


Return to “Pictures”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests