Post your thoughts on books, short stories, comics, or any other form of written word.
- You Gotta Admit!
- Posts: 7207
- Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:59 pm
If you want some older fantasy, The Charwoman's Shadow, by Lord Dunsany, has a good close look at a really chilling scary wizard.
I've lost my copy and am still looking for it or a replacement.
- Dapper Metroid
- Posts: 4398
- Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:50 am
- Location: Boston
- The Culture series by Iain M. Banks. Published order is good.
- Anything by William Gibson.
- Anything by Kurt Vonnegut. Maybe skip Player Piano to start.
“You have made an enemy of the birds, my friend.”
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:06 am
- Location: Riverside, California
Last Sci-fi book I read was The Heart Goes Last. You should give it a try.
- Teller of gaming stories
- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 am
The Wild Cards shared world novels are mostly good (wasn't a fan of books 9-12).
The more recent American Hero/Committee trilogy is a good point to start (although starting there would blunt a few of the big reveals)
Return to “Written Word”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests