current comics

Post your thoughts on books, short stories, comics, or any other form of written word.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

current comics

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 pm

got a free kindle hd and its great for digital comics

whats some good current runs to get into? i prefer marvel but like others as well.

i've got x-men red, saga, and monstress so far
-Casey

Glenn
I am the story stick

Re: current comics

Postby Glenn » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:got a free kindle hd and its great for digital comics

whats some good current runs to get into? i prefer marvel but like others as well.

I'm not sure if the Hoopla Digital app works on a kindle. If it does see if your library supports the app and you have a ton of Image and DC material available to you. I think there is some Marvel on the app now as well.

Also Marvel Unlimited works on a Kindle. It is $5.75/month if you buy a year's subscription ($69.) Marvel Unlimited runs about 6 months behind what it actually coming out.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Glenn wrote:

I'm not sure if the Hoopla Digital app works on a kindle. If it does see if your library supports the app and you have a ton of Image and DC material available to you. I think there is some Marvel on the app now as well.

Also Marvel Unlimited works on a Kindle. It is $5.75/month if you buy a year's subscription ($69.) Marvel Unlimited runs about 6 months behind what it actually coming out.

yea it does. so i've got multiple ways to get the digital comics, just not sure whats worth reading right now
-Casey

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
Glenn wrote:

yea it does. so i've got multiple ways to get the digital comics, just not sure whats worth reading right now

hmm, let's see... I hated secret empire, except for all the new teams that came out of it, Champions especially.
Secret Wars was a fun read, but the continuity was wild.

Some of the Star Wars stuff is fun, too. But it can be hit or miss.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:46 am

trying out infinity wars and avengers (2018)

also i see uncanny is coming back in november :thumbup:
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:47 am

infinity wars is nuts. the story might be nonsense but it produced some crazy side books.

gamora took the infinity stones after killing thanos, and when everyone tried to stop her she folded the universe in half. this created infnity warp universe where superheros are combined with others. iron hammer, captain strange, etc. These each get their own books and new origin stories which are fun.
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Shuri #1 - I thought it might be interesting, and the cover art is great, but the inside art is so low detail that it's distracting, and makes me want to not read it anymore.
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:00 am

both dc and marvel have current story arcs involving the underwater city of Atlantis. I'm not sure why they both seemed to be obsessed with it. it gets confusing on which is which if you read both, i'm expecting the x-men to pop up in drowned earth since they're using it as base in xmen red.

It does make me want to see a crossover with namor vs aquaman
-Casey

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:both dc and marvel have current story arcs involving the underwater city of Atlantis. I'm not sure why they both seemed to be obsessed with it. it gets confusing on which is which if you read both, i'm expecting the x-men to pop up in drowned earth since they're using it as base in xmen red.

I need to catch up on X-Men I think. I believe my chronological knowledge is at about the end of X-Men Vs. Inhumans.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:17 pm

GinDragon wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:both dc and marvel have current story arcs involving the underwater city of Atlantis. I'm not sure why they both seemed to be obsessed with it. it gets confusing on which is which if you read both, i'm expecting the x-men to pop up in drowned earth since they're using it as base in xmen red.

I need to catch up on X-Men I think. I believe my chronological knowledge is at about the end of X-Men Vs. Inhumans.

there's three somewhat current teams blue, gold, and red. Red is the best of those and involves a newly resurrected Jean.

All these are ending though so they can relaunch the flagship Uncanny Xmen book in two weeks. That would be a good place to jump on. It's going to be a weekly for the first 10 issues and probably switch to monthly after that.
-Casey

Return to “Written Word”