Invincible

Seen any good movies or TV shows lately? Or anything so bad you just have to vent?
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Invincible

Postby Ikoma » Mon May 10, 2021 11:48 am

OK... so I did not read this comic. But I did watch the first season and I was blown away. That finale is a series of gut punches. And while I am certainly most invested in the Greyson family drama, I care about all the subplots. The Robot/Monster Girl stuff. Eve's family life (which is super interesting to me) and her re-focus of her powers based on the conversations w/ Amber. The crime syndicate. Hell, I wanna know a lot more about the super-clone twins.

I want Season Two... NOW!

At least I can rest assured knowing it has already been renewed for Season Two AND Season Three. Plus, apparently there is a lot of comic to draw from so it could last a good long while.

Warning for those who want to watch. It is violent. Not in a The Boys kinda nihilistic way, but more in a this is the kind of damage these powers could do to a human body. I like that this series has heroes to root for. (I mean, I guess The Boys has Hugie and Starlight, but The Butcher is no hero even if he is a hell of a protagonist.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: Invincible

Postby Ikoma » Mon May 10, 2021 11:50 am

Spoiler-lite premise in case you are wondering if you want to watch. I'll still spoiler it in case you wanna be totally surprised.

What if... Superman was the scout for a Kryptonian enslavement of Earth. And he had a son who inherited his powers. But that son is loyal to humanity.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Totally agree.

I knew zero about the comic but the first season of this is excellent in every way.

Some of the violence is really not for the squeamish. Man, that subway bit in the last episode...
Retirement Date: 3 years or 1 bad day

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue May 11, 2021 3:04 pm

clintmemo wrote:Some of the violence is really not for the squeamish. Man, that subway bit in the last episode...

AMEN! But it's absolutely critical for understanding the difference in how Omni-Man and Invincible see humanity.

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Wed May 12, 2021 8:24 am

I'm only a few episodes in because I just never seem to have time for media these days, but I'm enjoying what I've watched so far.

Return to “Moving Pictures”