John Wick 3

Seen any good movies or TV shows lately? Or anything so bad you just have to vent?
tombombodil
3 for 3

John Wick 3

Postby tombombodil » Wed May 29, 2019 9:29 pm

Holy crap that was awesome. Everytime I see a new one of these I feel like I need more time to process what I saw before I can give a solid take on it, but then I remember that for all the style and hinted at depth, these movies are basically exactly what they appear to be on the cover; the slickest, most kick-ass 90s action films released in the 2010s.

They definitely scaled up with this one and got really creative with the action scenes, which are just mind-blowingly good for the most part.

I can't even fathom how much work and preparation must have gone into the extended shootout in Morocco with Halle Barrie and her two adorable, fuzzy ballistic missiles.

The cast is great, love all the new and returning characters, the cinematography and use of color is still phenomenal. The story, by which i mean the plot, itself doesn't really hang together as well as 1 or 2, but that's a small price to pay for the incredible sequences it facilitates. 8/10
Have you found the yellow sign?

Return to “Moving Pictures”