Marvel's TV Shows

Seen any good movies or TV shows lately? Or anything so bad you just have to vent?
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Marvel's TV Shows

Postby tombombodil » Wed May 05, 2021 9:56 pm

I really liked the bits with Bucky trying to manage his emotional trauma, I'm really sad there wasn't more of that in the show and just more for him to do in general. The subplot Sam gets about race and the secret black super soldier was really well written by my estimation and felt relevant without being hamfisted or preachy.

Also maybe I'm misremembering wasn't that basically Luke Cage's backstory in the comics?
Have you found the yellow sign?

John
Host

Postby John » Thu May 06, 2021 11:09 am

Luke Cage was awesome make more defenders shows on d+ plz

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm

I meant I think the original comic of Luke Cage was like a Tuskegee experiment metaphor about black prisoners getting experimented on to recreate the Captain America serum in the 60s/70s and that was kind of like the back story to the guy Sam interacts with in this show.

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Thu May 06, 2021 2:28 pm

tombombodil wrote:I meant I think the original comic of Luke Cage was like a Tuskegee experiment metaphor about black prisoners getting experimented on to recreate the Captain America serum in the 60s/70s and that was kind of like the back story to the guy Sam interacts with in this show.

You are correct. Isaiah Bradley's story in the comics is even more like Tuskegee. In the comics the serum was actually tested on him before Steve Rogers and was not as stable. He had side effects from it over time.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Return to “Moving Pictures”