Cyberpunk 2077

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 am

i haven't played very far yet, first couple missions, but already had an issue where a tutorial tip about the stash wouldn't go away. it was blocking other mission info on the screen. I had to reload
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:39 am

A couple of things...

Based on reports coming out of CDPR, a big patch is probably six or seven days out. This will also be the first of a couple of patches that should be coming out once or twice a month for the next few months to iron out the issues. They are giving their crews the holidays off which is only right and proper after they worked them to bone to hit this latest (and actual) release date. Apparently, the corporate heads are falling on their swords to take blame, saying they were so committed to hitting this Dec. 10th release date and avoiding what they felt like would have been an avalanche of bad press and fan fury (and it's hard to deny that's what would have followed another delay), that they ignored the feedback from the design team that things were just not polished enough yet.

As a consequence of that, AND the fact that my kids will be up later due to no school, I will probably hold off on really advancing the story until after that patch hits. I'll keep doing little side missions, earning cash, paying off my debt to the ripperdoc, buying better gear, and basically grinding my stats a little higher so once I do take Evelyn up on her offer to hit Arasaka it will be a little easier. Plus, I won't feel as bad if a bug causes me to lose a little time on a side gig AND those side gigs seems to force pretty regular autosaves so I won't lose much if (when) I do have a crash.

Bugs and crashes are still a rarity for me. Not saying others aren't experiencing them. Don't know if I am just lucky or if I (unknowingly) did something different that lets it run more passably on my X1. [I didn't know how big the actual install would be so I made a TON of room on the internal HD by deleting a bunch of games my family doesn't play anymore and moving a bunch of others we play less frequently to the external HD, maybe the extra space on the internal HD is doing something for me?] But I'm still happy with the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Ikoma wrote:
mindtakerr wrote:You playing on a base Xbox one?

Yup. Base Xbox One.

Since my last report I have had one crash out of the game. And the frame rate is certainly not smooth. It gets choppy. Typically not enough to bother the gameplay but definitely noticeable. Still no dick sticking through my pants...

I'm glad it's working okay for you. I got the game when Target did buy 2 get 1, but I haven't tried it yet because I am still playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Control was pretty rough on my base PS4, but I did beat it. I will be buying a PS5 if I ever get a chance to find one that doesn't go out of stock in seconds.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:06 am

had a hard crash yesterday on ps5 just walking into the nightclub. reported the error with video clip of it happening
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:49 pm

mindtakerr wrote:I will be buying a PS5 if I ever get a chance to find one that doesn't go out of stock in seconds.

Yeah, I'm almost certainly going to get a Series X come April w/ my tax refund. I figure the supply issues will be smoothed out by then, plus any bleeding edge hardware errors should be sussed out by then as well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

John
Host

Postby John » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Ikoma wrote:
mindtakerr wrote:Yeah, I'm almost certainly going to get a Series X come April w/ my tax refund. I figure the supply issues will be smoothed out by then, plus any bleeding edge hardware errors should be sussed out by then as well.

I learned "don't buy the very first minting of a complete redesign" the hard way with a car but it works for consoles too. I'm in the same boat.

(of course I envy all of you able to play DeS right this moment)

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:52 pm

John wrote:
Ikoma wrote:
mindtakerr wrote:Yeah, I'm almost certainly going to get a Series X come April w/ my tax refund. I figure the supply issues will be smoothed out by then, plus any bleeding edge hardware errors should be sussed out by then as well.

I learned "don't buy the very first minting of a complete redesign" the hard way with a car but it works for consoles too. I'm in the same boat.

(of course I envy all of you able to play DeS right this moment)

Being able to play all Microsoft games on my PC makes a Microsoft console of any kind less than redundant for me, as my PC is already significantly more powerful than the new xbox and I already use it for 95% of my gaming anyway.

A PS5 will wait until FromSoftware has an exclusive title for it that I haven't played before, and hopefully by then there will also be multiple other PS5 exclusives that I really want to play. And even then I might just play Bloodborne again instead.
Have you found the yellow sign?

McNutcase
The Fang and Cape wearing, Backyard Wrasslin', 1987 Buick Skyhawk with Dixie Horn driving superhero

Postby McNutcase » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm

And Sony is doing refunds for everyone and pulling it from the store. Woof. That is a HEAVY blow.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 pm

It's like Arkham Knight with the platforms reversed. Except this time I don't care about the property or company, so it's just funny.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:03 am

Azhrei Vep wrote:It's like Arkham Knight with the platforms reversed. Except this time I don't care about the property or company, so it's just funny.

Except for the part where the developers got brutalized by overtime to make this deadline and now they're almost certainly going to go through that again to try and fix it. I wonder what the odds are that the excec who made the decision to force this release date will see any commupance.

Return to “Video Games”