Cyberpunk 2077

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:24 am

found new bug last night, but it's amusing.

At least for me, if I buy the lime flavor drink from vending machine, I noticed it doesn't have a button to break it down for crafting materials in my inventory. All the other consumables do..

Even though there's no button prompt, you can still hold the button and it acts like it works, but doesn't actually break it down or remove it from inventory. It does, however give you crafting XP ! :clap:

So you can repeat this infinitely to boost your crafting XP without even losing the items, or actually crafting anything. I did it to level 5 before I got bored.

That's the third bug I've found so far, averaging 1 per play session. It seems like a lot of these issues would have been found in a beta test.
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:02 am

I'll have to give that a try!

Still only the one game crash. But last night was a veritable smorgasbord of visual glitches. On one stealth mission, the bad guys guns stayed floating in the air at the 'guard' positions. So you would see a guard saunter up to his position where the gun he was holding and the gun that was floating would sync up. Then, when the guard would move on to their next position, a copy of their gun would float in the air behind them. Made it much easier to suss out where the guard rotations were! <grin>

Another visual bug was a panhandler and a crate occupying the same space. Looked like a homeless Thomas the Tank Engine with this guys face and legs sticking out of the front of the crate.

The hardest bug was a mission where the bad guys could suddenly see through walls? I had already shut off both cameras in the courtyard and was sneaking around to the back entrance where I could hit 'em by surprise. Guy inside turned around and all of a sudden his 'spotting' icon lights up. I took 'em all out anyway but it was the most frustrating bug by far.

I do feel bad for the dev team that crunched over this hard and almost certainly knew as it was going out that it needed more love. Now the whole company's rep is going to take a hit, including more than a few people who are probably trying to (or failing to) resist saying 'I told you so' today.

I did have a really immersive encounter last night. In game, I've clashed several times with the Tygers (one of the in-game Night City gangs). So I'm just walking down the street, mindin' my own business on my way to a gig, when a pair of Tygers spot me. They start shouting and four of their buddies come to jump me. Now, V ain't no punk to be taken out like that, and a shootout commences. Unfortunately, I hit a civilian in the crossfire - which I feel really bad about - and the 'crime has been reported' message pops up. Cops are en route. So I finished the Tyger right in front of me and then melt away into the crowd to escape the police. The whole encounter felt so organic. There is a lot to love in this game... when it's working.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:38 am

Almost had my first bug that would have forced a restart. I was hunting down a cyberpsycho and took him down, as requested. Next I had to recover a shard on the target. But the target's body was 'inside' a crate and I couldn't get it. As a last resort, I tossed a grenade at the body/crate hybrid and *BOOM*, it worked. Popped the body loose, I grabbed the shard, and was able to continue the gig.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

John
Host

Postby John » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:51 am

Ikoma wrote:Almost had my first bug that would have forced a restart. I was hunting down a cyberpsycho and took him down, as requested. Next I had to recover a shard on the target. But the target's body was 'inside' a crate and I couldn't get it. As a last resort, I tossed a grenade at the body/crate hybrid and *BOOM*, it worked. Popped the body loose, I grabbed the shard, and was able to continue the gig.

I'm on a Payday 2 kick, good management of explosive corpse relocation can easily be the difference between success and failure. Good skill to master.

Return to “Video Games”