Cyberpunk 2077

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Cyberpunk 2077

Postby Ikoma » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:27 am

Posted here so I know where to find it later... character concepts for my three playthroughs.

Life-Path : Nomad, Corpo, Street Kid

Classes : Solo, Techie, Netrunner

Stats : Body [raw physical power: increases health, reduces bullet spread, increases melee damage & maxes stamina]
Reflexes [coordination/speed: increases critical chance, attack speed & evasion]
Intelligence [reduces hacking difficulty, shortens program upload duration & increases memory]
Technical [increases armor & craft loot chance]
Cool [self control/willpower: improves stealth, critical damage & effect resistances]

Options: No-kill

Nomad Male Gunslinger - Inspired by Max Rockatansky (Mad Max), Din Djarin (the Mandalorian), and Joe Dredd (Judge Dredd), as well as every gunslinger ever played by Timothy Olyphant. Solitary, polite, with a strong sense of right/wrong and the will to act on that code. Hopes for the best in everyone... expects the worst. And the worst gets a bullet between the eyes. Fast with judgement, faster with a sidearm. Forgoes cyberware (as much as possible). Doesn't give out loyalty easily, but never retracts it once he's given it. Charming is his default setting but always ready for the shootout. A wasteland paladin with a shotgun and a six-shooter.
Body 4 Reflex 6 Int 3 Tech 3 Cool 6
Initally cool w/ 6th Street & antagonistic to the Scavengers

Street Kid Andro/Butch Melee Killer - Inspired mostly by Brienne of Tarth, Helen Harris (Aech from Ready Player One) and T-X (Terminatrix), with a little Susan Veraghen (Grendel) and Corky (Gina Gershon from Bound) tossed in. Uneducated and a little naive. Desperate to belong somewhere, as a result s/he is too trusting and without guile. When s/he's inevitably let down and hurt, s/he lashes out with rage and fury. Eager for body-mods as s/he sees that a simple but sincere route to 'power'. More machine than human at his point but their heart is very much on their sleeve.
Body 6 Reflex 6 Int 3 Tech 4 Cool 3
Initially cool w/ the Animals & Moxies

Corpo Netrunner Female Fatale Hacker/Spy - Inspired by Motoko Kusanagi (the Major), Trinity (Matrix), Ava (Ex Machina), and maybe Alice (from Tranformers) or Rachael Tyrell (Blade Runner). A cold and calculating shadow, she keeps herself above the fray, doing her best damage through the net with her mental skills. If things go according to her plan, no one ever knows she was there. Low key, discrete but powerful cybernetics. She envies the machine and wants to be one. Feels betreayed by herself every time she feels an emotion. Might be a no kill playthrough (bodies leave evidence behind).
Body 3 Reflex 3 Int 6 Tech 5 Cool 5
Initially thinks she is above ALL gangers, perhaps some ties to the Tyger Claws
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:54 am

anyone playing yet? seems to be getting mixed reviews and tons of bugs.

i'm trying to wait for the ps5 upgrade, but i might get it for xmas. didn't see a need to play day 1
-Casey

John
Host

Postby John » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:40 am

Same boat, waiting for bug fixes.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:27 pm

I'm about four hours in... on my main playthru. I did take the time to create my second and third playthru characters as well just to experiment with the character creator as well as curiosity to see just how the other life paths start. I'm on a X1.

Only one 'bug' and I hesitate to even call it that. My nomad ran over a cop in a small little town outside Night City. Thought the game had froze up on me for about 20 seconds but then it hiccuped back and continued on. No other problems besides that. Don't have much sense of the larger story yet but I am also taking a bit of time to earn some cash to pay off my debt w/ the ripperdoc and then maybe buy some better guns and classier clothes. At the moment, my V looks like he dresses out of a goodwill cast off box. Starting to get the layout of (part of) the city. Very vibrant and alive city. I don't think I've ever felt the presence of other NPCs just around me in the ebb and flow of city life like I do with this game. I would be interested in comparing that part of to the newest Watch Dogs games. Shooting is fine. Melee is fine. Conversations feel a little more integrated into the game than some other games of this type. You don't get pulled into a kind of locked in place two-headed conversation shot. You can talk to an NPC while you walk around the space exploring (to a limit, stray too far and the conversation stalls, but you pick it up again as soon as you get close). You can also get pulled into conversations just walking down the street. Got in an argument with a street preacher while walking from my apartment to the ripperdocs. Driving feels a little too sensitive for me at the moment. I over turn and spin out a lot.

Overall, very happy. My only 'complaint' is that I have to wait until the kids are in bed to play. There is a LOT of nudity / sexual presentation in the game. Not a problem, just not something I am going to play in front of my 11-year old and 13-year old daughters.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Ikoma wrote:Overall, very happy. My only 'complaint' is that I have to wait until the kids are in bed to play. There is a LOT of nudity / sexual presentation in the game. Not a problem, just not something I am going to play in front of my 11-year old and 13-year old daughters.

Has your dong clipped through your pants yet? :lol:
Have you found the yellow sign?

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:53 pm

tombombodil wrote:
Ikoma wrote:Overall, very happy. My only 'complaint' is that I have to wait until the kids are in bed to play. There is a LOT of nudity / sexual presentation in the game. Not a problem, just not something I am going to play in front of my 11-year old and 13-year old daughters.

Has your dong clipped through your pants yet? :lol:

Nope! And let me tell you, I have *big* one! <wink>

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:03 pm

You playing on a base Xbox one?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:51 am

well I ended up picking this up on PS4 since I had some amazon cards. will play it on the ps5 and hope for the upgrade version soon
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:01 pm

mindtakerr wrote:You playing on a base Xbox one?

Yup. Base Xbox One.

Since my last report I have had one crash out of the game. And the frame rate is certainly not smooth. It gets choppy. Typically not enough to bother the gameplay but definitely noticeable. Still no dick sticking through my pants...

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:12 pm

Just saw a YT vid showing how to get 100k+ headshot critical hits w/ a pistol. Nice to see the path I am already on will see me turn into the God of Death by Pistol in a couple more levels.

Return to “Video Games”