Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, or NWN2 Complete?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, or NWN2 Complete?

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:42 pm

We want to try a playthrough of these online. I have the Diamond edition of NWN1 and Complete NWN2. Are either of them still playable online? Anyone Know how multiplayer works, and how many can play? I played NWN with a buddy when it first came out but I mostly remember it being a buggy mess. NWN:EE is on sale as are a bunch of campaigns.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, or NWN2 Complete?

Postby tombombodil » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:12 pm

BottledViolence wrote:We want to try a playthrough of these online. I have the Diamond edition of NWN1 and Complete NWN2. Are either of them still playable online? Anyone Know how multiplayer works, and how many can play? I played NWN with a buddy when it first came out but I mostly remember it being a buggy mess. NWN:EE is on sale as are a bunch of campaigns.

I never played either online. I didn't even know you could. I saw some seriously mixed reviews of the remastered.
Have you found the yellow sign?

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 pm

tombombodil wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:We want to try a playthrough of these online. I have the Diamond edition of NWN1 and Complete NWN2. Are either of them still playable online? Anyone Know how multiplayer works, and how many can play? I played NWN with a buddy when it first came out but I mostly remember it being a buggy mess. NWN:EE is on sale as are a bunch of campaigns.

I never played either online. I didn't even know you could. I saw some seriously mixed reviews of the remastered.

EE seems like a decent improvement, but it's an old game, and still has most of the same limitations. Looks better, the wider screen helps a lot, and supposedly the online functionality is better but I don't know yet. I got it for $10 and that's honestly more than I would pay if it wasn't for the fact I'm an old school video game and DnD player on a nostalgia kick.

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am

Man, I played the crap out of the original Bioware NWN back in the day. I played it online as a DM and as a player probably more than any other PC game.

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:26 pm

mindtakerr wrote:Man, I played the crap out of the original Bioware NWN back in the day. I played it online as a DM and as a player probably more than any other PC game.

That's great! We were really stoked for it when it first released, but couldn't overcome the technical hurdles before something else grabbed our attention. It seemed like such a brilliant system.

Return to “Video Games”