Last of Us Part 2

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Last of Us Part 2

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Just FYI, I haven't beaten it yet, but I will definitely want to talk about it after I do. How are people liking it?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Re: Last of Us Part 2

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 pm

mindtakerr wrote:Just FYI, I haven't beaten it yet, but I will definitely want to talk about it after I do. How are people liking it?

have not picked it up yet. didn't sound like the kind of game i want to play right now.
-Casey

mindtakerr

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:have not picked it up yet. didn't sound like the kind of game i want to play right now.

Totally understand that. That's why it's taken me so long to beat it.

Super psyched for Ghost of Tsushima tomorrow, though.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:14 pm

mindtakerr wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:have not picked it up yet. didn't sound like the kind of game i want to play right now.

Totally understand that. That's why it's taken me so long to beat it.

Super psyched for Ghost of Tsushima tomorrow, though.

60 dollar linear story games with essentially no replayability are the definition of a "40% off sale game" in my book, regardless of how good they potentially are.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Mikel » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:01 am

mindtakerr wrote:Just FYI, I haven't beaten it yet, but I will definitely want to talk about it after I do. How are people liking it?

I'm in the middle of it now. While I'm digging a lot of it, I think it could stand to be streamlined in places. One of the general complaints I've heard is that it's too long and, so far, I'm agreeing.
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

mindtakerr

Postby mindtakerr » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:10 am

Mikel wrote:

I'm in the middle of it now. While I'm digging a lot of it, I think it could stand to be streamlined in places. One of the general complaints I've heard is that it's too long and, so far, I'm agreeing.

Yeah, I think so, too. Really think that the gameplay is a step up from the first game. The stealth is really fun.

Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Mikel » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:09 am

mindtakerr wrote:Yeah, I think so, too. Really think that the gameplay is a step up from the first game. The stealth is really fun.

I really wish they'd do more with situational awareness and other things (people, especially) making noise. There's way too many silent people who suddenly are on one side of you for me to really get into the stealth aspect. That's one of the lessons almost no one seems to have taken from the Thief series (still the best stealth games) but it was the most important.
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

Return to “Video Games”