PS5 game trailers

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Re: PS5 game trailers

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:56 am

Wayne wrote: Playstation's were my first DVD and Bluray players, but this generation doesn't have a new media technology.

it's the first playstation with a 4k UHD bluray player. xbone had this, but for many it could be the first time for some 4k content.

4k discs are a big step up from even 4k streaming in terms of bitrate and audio if you have a nice home theater and newer TV.
Last edited by Sith_Mafia on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:58 am

cyberpunk delayed again until dec 10th.

not a big deal since i'll be out of the country on the old release day
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:cyberpunk delayed again until dec 10th.

Please excuse me while I go shift a bit of scheduled leave around with my boss...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
Wayne wrote: Playstation's were my first DVD and Bluray players, but this generation doesn't have a new media technology.

it's the first playstation with a 4k UHD bluray player. xbone had this, but for many it could be the first time for some 4k content.

4k discs are a big step up from even 4k streaming in terms of bitrate and audio if you have a nice home theater and newer TV.

I am not a discerning enough viewer to tell the difference. Unlike VHS to DVD I didn't find the move to Bluray to be much difference outside of the amount of data you could fit on the disk. I find these days I don't want the physical media anymore though. There are exceptions and they are usually for collectors editions with a lot of special features that are not streaming. I keep some of my discs solely out of fear of them going away on streaming platforms.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

John
Host

Postby John » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Wayne wrote:I think this might be the first generation of playstation I don't get. I am realizing I just don't do console gaming anymore outside of the Switch. I am not nearly the gamer that I used to be. Playstation's were my first DVD and Bluray players, but this generation doesn't have a new media technology. Playstation has been the center of my media setup for a long time, but when I got a smartTV last year that function moved too. I think I have only switched over to the PS4 twice this year and both times were for a Bluray.

This realization makes me feel old.

That's how I felt last two generations. Almost everything I was excited about was coming out on PC anyway and I was only excited about a couple games a year, max. I didn't buy a PS3/PS4/XBOX360/Xbone. I think if I had a PS4 I wouldn't bother with a 5. I'm getting a 5 just as much to play the Soulsborne and Final Fantasy I've missed for the last decade as I am to play anything actually coming out for PS5.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:52 am

John wrote:
Wayne wrote:I think this might be the first generation of playstation I don't get. I am realizing I just don't do console gaming anymore outside of the Switch. I am not nearly the gamer that I used to be. Playstation's were my first DVD and Bluray players, but this generation doesn't have a new media technology. Playstation has been the center of my media setup for a long time, but when I got a smartTV last year that function moved too. I think I have only switched over to the PS4 twice this year and both times were for a Bluray.

This realization makes me feel old.

That's how I felt last two generations. Almost everything I was excited about was coming out on PC anyway and I was only excited about a couple games a year, max. I didn't buy a PS3/PS4/XBOX360/Xbone. I think if I had a PS4 I wouldn't bother with a 5. I'm getting a 5 just as much to play the Soulsborne and Final Fantasy I've missed for the last decade as I am to play anything actually coming out for PS5.

maybe just pick up a preowned PS4 then? I imagine more people will be selling them or trading them in soon. I'm rotating the PS4 to the other room and selling the PS3 thats currently connected.

If anyone is looking for a PS3 super slim i'll sell mine for below used gamestop prices
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:09 pm

another important question. Can I transfer PT from my ps4 to ps5?

it's been removed from the store so the only way to play it is if you keep it downloaded. I've kept it for 6 years, gotta keep it alive z)
-Casey

John
Host

Postby John » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:maybe just pick up a preowned PS4 then?

Nah, Demon's Souls remake is a major selling point. And with console generations as long as they've become I'm quite sure there will be a handful of PS5 exclusives I actually want.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:20 pm

got this in the mail today from sony. i can stare at it for a few weeks, or take it out and charge it ;)
also I will always call it a DS5, no matter what they want to call it.

nice that the multi charger doesn't need an adapter, it just clicks in

-Casey

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:another important question. Can I transfer PT from my ps4 to ps5?

it's been removed from the store so the only way to play it is if you keep it downloaded. I've kept it for 6 years, gotta keep it alive z)

I read somewhere that it won’t play on PS5. I don’t know for sure, though.

Return to “Video Games”