PS5 game trailers

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

PS5 game trailers

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:36 pm

here's all the game trailers from the PS5 event

Grand Theft Auto V (0:00) uh... this game now spans 3 console generations :deadhorse:

Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales ( PS Exclusive) (1:40) :thumbup:

Gran Turismo 7 (3:06) :thumbup:

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (5:42) :thumbup:

Project Athia (PS5 Exclusive) (10:07)

Stray (PS Exclusive) (11:12) looks promising 8-)

Returnal (PS Exclusive) (12:54) looks promising 8-)

Destruction All Stars (PS Exclusive) (14:58)

Kena: Bridge of Spirits (16:48)

Goodbye Volcano High (PS Exclusive) (18:50)

Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS Exclusive) (20:15)

Ghostwire: Tokyo (21:53)

JETT: The Far Shore (PS Exclusive) (23:37)

Godfall (PS5 Exclusive) (25:47)

Solar Ash (PS Exclusive) (27:10)

Hitman 3 (28:38)

Astro's Playroom (30:36)

Little Devil Inside (PS Exclusive) (31:18)

NBA 2K21 (33:21)

Bugsnax (34:20)

Demon's Souls (36:31) :love:

Deathloop (38:12)

Resident Evil 8 (41:35) z) :love: z)

Pragmata (44:23)

Horizon: Forbidden West (46:34) :love: :shock: :clap:
-Casey

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Re: PS5 game trailers

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:57 pm

This was a phenomenal first showing for the PS5!

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:58 am

got my ps5 preorder in. it was direct email invite from sony. no issues whatsoever. I got the disc version of course. I trade and sell physical games often and am a fan of bluray/uhd.

Still thinking about what games to get. Probably Miles Morales and Demon's Souls, and then Cyberpunk the next week. I played DemonSouls on PS3, and was never any good at it, but that was a long time ago, and it looks impressive.

I still have a lot of questions.. How does PS4 backwards compatibility work? If I own it digitally can I just reinstall? If it's physical I assume the game must be in. Can I then play it on both PS4 and PS5 together?
Will PS+ start having PS5 games at launch? Will the PS+ collection use the saves you already have? Can I use a DS4 on the system?

What about games with free upgrades? Seems like it would make sense to buy the ps4 version of games if they're cheaper and get the free ps5 version upgrade later? Even if they're the same price I'd rather have it on both systems than one.
-Casey

mindtakerr

Postby mindtakerr » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:45 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:got my ps5 preorder in. it was direct email invite from sony. no issues whatsoever. I got the disc version of course. I trade and sell physical games often and am a fan of bluray/uhd.

Still thinking about what games to get. Probably Miles Morales and Demon's Souls, and then Cyberpunk the next week. I played DemonSouls on PS3, and was never any good at it, but that was a long time ago, and it looks impressive.
I still have a lot of questions..

Here is what I understand, which I think is mostly accurate. Although, now some people actually have their hands on a PS5, and I think once the embargo lifts, we will know a lot more. I won't, though, because I don't have $500.

Sith_Mafia wrote:How does PS4 backwards compatibility work? If I own it digitally can I just reinstall?

As far as I know, yes. There are only like 5-10 games that they said will not work on PS5 and the majority of those are probably ones no one has.

Sith_Mafia wrote:If it's physical I assume the game must be in. Can I then play it on both PS4 and PS5 together?

I think the answer is yes on both of these.

Sith_Mafia wrote:Will PS+ start having PS5 games at launch?

PS4 did. Let's hope so... although I can't really think of a PS5-only game that is a good candidate.

Sith_Mafia wrote: Will the PS+ collection use the saves you already have?

I think so. They said this to clarify something with Spider-man. The remaster for PS5 will not use your PS4 save because it's considered a different game. Kind of crappy... However, I think in cases where you are just playing the PS4 version, it will.

Sith_Mafia wrote: Can I use a DS4 on the system?

For PS4 games, yes. For PS5 games, no.

Sith_Mafia wrote:What about games with free upgrades? Seems like it would make sense to buy the ps4 version of games if they're cheaper and get the free ps5 version upgrade later? Even if they're the same price I'd rather have it on both systems than one

This one is a bit confusing because it seems to be on a case by case basis. Assassin's Creed is doing it one way, Spider-Man another way, EA games another way... Cyberpunk... Who knows?! Remember when PS3 and Vita just had cross play and then *BOOM* you would often just have a PS4 version of the game as well?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:40 pm

thanks for the response, yea that's how I interpret the answers as well.

i preordered demons souls ps5, miles morales ps5, and cyberpunk ps4. I had a lot of amazon gift cards and best buy rewards to use, so I didn't break the bank. just went with morales regular edition since i've already played spiderman.

might get sackboy for my kids if that gets good reviews.

that should hold me over for a while. thinking about getting back into destiny 2 as well. load times were a lot of what killed that game for me, so the ps5 ssd would make quite a difference. i sold my game long ago, so not sure if the upcoming expansion is all I'll need to play again?

thinking back on the PS4 generation and I think Destiny is the game I played the most and had the most fun with.

it looks like sony has started shipping accessories early. so i should have the new DS5 controller and charging dock this week.
-Casey

John
Host

Postby John » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Any words of wisdom for someone who has been out of the ecosystem since PS2? Looking at this primarily to play Bloodborne, DeS, and FF7, and as future proofing for any FromSoft or Square Enix content that doesn't make it to PC.

mindtakerr

Postby mindtakerr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:51 am

John wrote:Any words of wisdom for someone who has been out of the ecosystem since PS2? Looking at this primarily to play Bloodborne, DeS, and FF7, and as future proofing for any FromSoft or Square Enix content that doesn't make it to PC.

Getting access to the entire PS4 catalog all at once is going to be insanely awesome for you. If you get the PS Plus Collection, you'll be playing hundreds of hours of awesome games, most that are PlayStation exclusive. Don't miss out on gems like God of War and Persona 5, etc. that you will get for free with that collection.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:42 am

John wrote:Any words of wisdom for someone who has been out of the ecosystem since PS2? Looking at this primarily to play Bloodborne, DeS, and FF7, and as future proofing for any FromSoft or Square Enix content that doesn't make it to PC.

Did you get a preorder? It might be hard to get one now until after the holiday.
Bloodborne is part of the PS+ collection so if you get ps+ you will have that right away. Here's the others (these are all worth checking out)

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
inFAMOUS: Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn
-Casey

John
Host

Postby John » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:38 am

No I don't have a preorder down, I'm just going to get it when the hype dies down and it's actually on shelves.

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:29 am

I think this might be the first generation of playstation I don't get. I am realizing I just don't do console gaming anymore outside of the Switch. I am not nearly the gamer that I used to be. Playstation's were my first DVD and Bluray players, but this generation doesn't have a new media technology. Playstation has been the center of my media setup for a long time, but when I got a smartTV last year that function moved too. I think I have only switched over to the PS4 twice this year and both times were for a Bluray.

This realization makes me feel old.
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

Return to “Video Games”