xCloud feedback

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

xCloud feedback

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Have any Booters out there using Android devices tested out either the xCloud streaming beta or the Xbox Console Streaming beta? I would dearly love to test them out myself but I've got an iPhone and there is no iPhone support (yet - it's listed as 'coming soon'). But I love the idea. And I was hoping to hear if the concept is working out for actual real gamers.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Re: xCloud feedback

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm

This is the first I heard about it, so I signed up.

I just bought a controller so I could play CoD mobile on my phone. Maybe this will get people to quit busting my balls about paying $40 to play a free game. :lol:

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Well, that was quick. Downloading the app now. Unfortunately, I won't be able to mess with it until I go back to work Tuesday and can get my controller. :lol:

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:05 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Anyone else?

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Well, THIS is great news. Specifically, the part about xCloud being added to (Ultimate) Game Pass with no increase in the monthly cost this coming September.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:07 am

OK... I'm pissed. Microsoft recently announced they could release xCloud on iOS now. Well, Sept 15th when it goes live on Android. Why are they not doing so? Apple is denying them approval for the app. Why is Apple doing this? (To xCloud but also apparently to Stadia [in case anyone cares].) Why, to protect us all! See, xCloud (and Stadia) would give us access to a slew of games and Apple - who's only looking out for the consumer's interests - would not be able to verify that these included games are good and safe, why, Apple cannot in good consciousness approve the apps. Never mind that they approve YouTube or Netflix or Hulu and they cannot and do not approve ALL the content on those platforms. Hell, Apple approved Twitter and Facebook and just look at the shit that is one those social media platforms. And, no, this has NOTHING to do with Apple trying to protect it's lackluster Apple Arcade in anyway and how dare you even suggest such a thing.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm mad enough I just submitted customer feedback to Apple letting them know that unless this is dealt with properly (ie xCould is approved, oh and I guess Stadia too) by the time I need a new phone, my next phone will be an Android. Hell, my next phone might be an Android even IF Apple does the right thing.

:evil:

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:40 pm

I was never able to get good enough performance out of it to make it worthwhile. Of course having them block me from it would piss me off enough that I would give it another shot!

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:05 pm

I can relax... Microsoft is gonna find a way. A browser access solution is better than nothing. I would still prefer that Apple pulls its head out.

Return to “Video Games”