Final Fantasy VII remake

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Final Fantasy VII remake

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:19 pm

caved in and bought it. if anything, it sure takes pretty screenshots. like it so far, but i'm a big fan of the original as well, a lot of the enjoyment is from how big and open everything is now compared to the original.

-Casey

tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Final Fantasy VII remake

Postby tombombodil » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:06 pm

I'll consider picking it up when they have a collected edition of all the parts.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:03 pm

I'll probably pick up the first part when it's on a good sale and just stop there. It's really the only good part of the original game anyway.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:57 pm

Azhrei Vep wrote:I'll probably pick up the first part when it's on a good sale and just stop there. It's really the only good part of the original game anyway.

I honestly was (and am still) not a fan of the FF games that took a hard turn into over the top anime melodrama and pseudo-sci fi Wizard/Steampunk with ridiculous overarching stories. I don't hate em (at least not all of em), but I greatly prefer the older, for lack of a better term "purer" ones. I know part of it is nostalgia and part of it is me personally just getting turned-off hard by the aforementioned cringey anime melodrama, but I refuse to believe that it's just that.

FF7 imo was the most tolerable of the new wave of more modern FF games that left the traditional fantasy and charm of the older ones behind in favor of more style and more complex (read: nonsense) plots etc. If the gameplay in the new one looks entertaining enough and it takes Square long enough to pump out part 2 I might talk myself into getting just part on for 20 bucks or whatever a year or two from now.

Azhrei Vep
Drinks like a Bear

Postby Azhrei Vep » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:21 pm

The only main-series Final Fantasy post-5 (so not counting tactics) that I'm really fond of was 9. Friggin' love the hell out of 9. It's pretty solidly tied with 4 as my favorite of the main series.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:38 am

after playing a few more hours, it just keeps getting better. It's a powerhouse and showpiece for the console. the combat is enjoyable and fun, closer to the ff15 action combat. it's a more dramatic story with tons of character improvements over the original. the ambient dialogue when you're just walking around town are great. there are seemless cuts in and out of action. the music is incredible, and of course the graphics are gorgeous. i actually wish i wouldve got the more expensive version, just for the soundtrack.

super highly recommended if you have a ps4. it's vaulted into my top5 for the console
Last edited by Sith_Mafia on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Casey

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:after playing a few more hours, it just keeps getting better. It's a powerhouse and showpiece for the console. the combat is enjoyable and fun, closer to the ff15 action combat. it's a more dramatic story with tons of character improvements over the original. the ambient dialogue when you're just walking around town are great. there are seemless cuts in and out of action. the music is incredible, and of course the graphics are gorgeous. i actually wish i wouldve got the more expensive version, just for the soundrack.

super highly recommended if you have a ps4. it's vaulted into my top5 for the console

I wonder if there will be a PC port like there was for 15, and what the difference is between PS4 and PS4 Pro. Somehow I just now realized it wasn't getting a PC release on launch and don't really have any intention to buy it on PS4.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:51 pm

tombombodil wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:after playing a few more hours, it just keeps getting better. It's a powerhouse and showpiece for the console. the combat is enjoyable and fun, closer to the ff15 action combat. it's a more dramatic story with tons of character improvements over the original. the ambient dialogue when you're just walking around town are great. there are seemless cuts in and out of action. the music is incredible, and of course the graphics are gorgeous. i actually wish i wouldve got the more expensive version, just for the soundrack.

I wonder if there will be a PC port like there was for 15, and what the difference is between PS4 and PS4 Pro. Somehow I just now realized it wasn't getting a PC release on launch and don't really have any intention to buy it on PS4.

I think it's got PS4 exclusive for 1 year, but after that it should be on PC and Xbox
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:48 pm

in depth animation comparison of the opening sequence

-Casey

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:39 pm

I loved FF7 remake, despite the original being one of my least favorite FF games. This randomly reminds me that I need to finish Ff4: The After Years, but I don’t know if I have anything to play it on.

Return to “Video Games”