Xbox Series X

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Xbox Series X

Postby tombombodil » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:07 am

McNutcase wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:Image

I wish they'd just calm down and start doing things the sensible way. Nobody would object to them calling it the Xbox 4. And naming things that way would cease to be a problem long before the 360th version.

It would even make sub versions way easier to track

"xBox 4"
"xBox 4s"
"xBox 4 Pro"

etc
Have you found the yellow sign?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:39 pm

they are going out of their way to not use a numbering system that would be less than sony's competing number
-Casey

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:47 pm

So count the One X as one and call it the Xbox 5. Done. Just stop with the weird numbers, it's as bad as Battlefield.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Wayne
Host

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:54 pm

McNutcase wrote:So count the One X as one and call it the Xbox 5. Done. Just stop with the weird numbers, it's as bad as Battlefield.

They should release a new version with slightly better specs every year and just named it for the year. You know some people would have to buy the newest year every time and then sell their old one because there are people like that
Clementine Paddleford wrote:Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.

clintmemo
Questing for the elusive New Title

Postby clintmemo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:46 am

McNutcase wrote:I wish they'd just calm down and start doing things the sensible way. Nobody would object to them calling it the Xbox 4. And naming things that way would cease to be a problem long before the 360th version.

written in on a machine running Windows 9.
2020 Goal: Develop a side hustle

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:48 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:they are going out of their way to not use a numbering system that would be less than sony's competing number

If I were a company that was in that situation, I'd just claim that we got it right in fewer tries than they did.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:51 am

clintmemo wrote:
McNutcase wrote:I wish they'd just calm down and start doing things the sensible way. Nobody would object to them calling it the Xbox 4. And naming things that way would cease to be a problem long before the 360th version.

Hey, they had a valid reason for skipping 9 (old version checks that would think it was windows 95). Also, Windows version numbering has been broken a while. Remember Windows 7? It was actually Windows 6.1. Windows 8 was 6.2. I'll give them a pass on having called Windows 5 windows 2000, that was when it released.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 am

McNutcase wrote:
clintmemo wrote:

Hey, they had a valid reason for skipping 9 (old version checks that would think it was windows 95). Also, Windows version numbering has been broken a while. Remember Windows 7? It was actually Windows 6.1. Windows 8 was 6.2. I'll give them a pass on having called Windows 5 windows 2000, that was when it released.

I'd never heard that about windows 9. I'd always read it was to keep up with Apple's OS numbers (of which I know nothing).

Do I remember Windows 7? lol - a few months ago, I tossed out a DOS disk.

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:53 pm

clintmemo wrote:Do I remember Windows 7? lol - a few months ago, I tossed out a DOS disk.

DR-DOS FTW

clintmemo

Postby clintmemo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:08 am

mindtakerr wrote:
clintmemo wrote:Do I remember Windows 7? lol - a few months ago, I tossed out a DOS disk.

DR-DOS FTW

...I think I used that at one point, but I can't remember. It probably would have been in the Dos 3 or 4 days. IIRC, Dos 5 allowed you to set all the memory stuff (what a pain that was). I remember setting up a system of batch files that copied different config.sys and autoexec.bat files for whatever you needed and then it rebooted and launched that application. Dos 6 had a menu system built in that did the same thing.

Return to “Video Games”