Xbox Series X

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: Xbox Series X

Postby Ikoma » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:14 pm

And I was wrong... the Series X will be $499. But the Xbox All Access is an interesting twist I need to digest. Basically, you can finance a Series S for $24.99 (retail $299) or a Series X for $34.99 (retail $499) over 24 months. That *includes* Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the two years as well, nominally a $14.99 a month value. Which means you are paying 24 * $10 = $240 for a Series S? $59 less than retail? And you pay 24 * $20 = $480 for a Series X? $19 less than retail? Though, in truth, you should never be paying a full $15 a month for Game Pass since there are sales/deals occasionally if you keep your eyes open. So it's probably best to think of it as paying full price (with NO interest) for a new Xbox over two years and getting a deal on the Game Pass side.

I mean, they are locking you into the Xbox ecology and I'll bet they expect to keep a majority of the Game Pass customers this way (which translates to an even healthier ongoing revenue stream). Or... they are just looking to put pressure on Sony's pricing of the PS5.

Now to decide, does the deal make it worth buying a Series X closer to release?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:27 pm

I noticed they rolled EA Play into Xbox Game pass. Does this include the game pass for PC $4.99 a month plan? That's what I just started using. Would be an even bigger selection of games. Granted they are from EA... but still.

Wonder if Sony will counter with some kind of upgraded PS+? I think they were waiting for Microsoft before they made any announcement, and I now expect the PS5 to be $399(discless) and $499 standard.
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:I noticed they rolled EA Play into Xbox Game pass. Does this include the game pass for PC $4.99 a month plan? That's what I just started using. Would be an even bigger selection of games. Granted they are from EA... but still.

Did a quick Google and it looks like the answer is... Yes. I was a little surprised. I figured the EA add would be Ultimate only. But it's Ultimate and PC.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:47 am

Ikoma wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:I noticed they rolled EA Play into Xbox Game pass. Does this include the game pass for PC $4.99 a month plan? That's what I just started using. Would be an even bigger selection of games. Granted they are from EA... but still.

Did a quick Google and it looks like the answer is... Yes. I was a little surprised. I figured the EA add would be Ultimate only. But it's Ultimate and PC.

cool deal. I'm guessing EA is not just being generous. They see the number of gamepass subscribers and want to get a piece of that microtransaction pie.
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:19 pm

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/9/21429 ... ber%2017th.

knew it couldn't be that good.

"EA Play at no additional cost!!!!

we have to double the price btw"
-Casey

Return to “Video Games”