Take my steam keys - I am not TimeSpike edition (Closed)

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Re: Take my steam keys - I am not TimeSpike edition

Postby McNutcase » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 pm

I'm gonna tank whatever semblance of credibility I have and ask for The Sims 3.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 am

McNutcase wrote:I'm gonna tank whatever semblance of credibility I have and ask for The Sims 3.

Here's the thing. Six months ago I would have agreed with you. But my girls have been watching LPs of Sims games and my opinion has changed. Not that I want to play Sims. It's just not a game for me. But it IS good at what it wants to be, which is an excellent tool for telling stories. People want to dismiss it as playing virtual dolls. But having daughters has taught me that playing dolls isn't a bad thing. It's just a different method of telling stories. I can sit and watch my girls craft HOURS of stories using their stuffed animals, or LEGOs, or anything. It's not how I did it as a lad (or do it now as a grognard). But it's worthy of respect.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:52 am

I like the Sims 'cuz I like to design houses and it's easier (but more limited) than CAD.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Dawn and I did the lay out of our house in The Sims so we could figure out where put furniture, decorations, lamps and lighting, and were able to figure out what rooms where going to be what before we even moved in. It was really neat being able to try out different configurations of heavy items and only have to move them once.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:23 pm

And redeemed.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Ikoma wrote:
McNutcase wrote:I'm gonna tank whatever semblance of credibility I have and ask for The Sims 3.

Here's the thing. Six months ago I would have agreed with you. But my girls have been watching LPs of Sims games and my opinion has changed. Not that I want to play Sims. It's just not a game for me. But it IS good at what it wants to be, which is an excellent tool for telling stories. People want to dismiss it as playing virtual dolls. But having daughters has taught me that playing dolls isn't a bad thing. It's just a different method of telling stories. I can sit and watch my girls craft HOURS of stories using their stuffed animals, or LEGOs, or anything. It's not how I did it as a lad (or do it now as a grognard). But it's worthy of respect.

Yessir. Although the last Sims game was a travesty for a bunch of reasons that had nothing to do with the game (thanks EA :roll:).

It's ironic, the original Sims was a huge success and made buttloads of money so they used that to add a TON of new features to the Sims 2, and then ever since then they've slowly been stripping those features away, either for good, or to resell as overpriced DLC packs :puke:

Also why the hell have they never done the different settings like Gothic Horror or Sci Fi again? If they did I might actually consider messing around with it for a few hours once a month.
Have you found the yellow sign?

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:36 am

tombombodil wrote:
Ikoma wrote:

Yessir. Although the last Sims game was a travesty for a bunch of reasons that had nothing to do with the game (thanks EA :roll:).

It's ironic, the original Sims was a huge success and made buttloads of money so they used that to add a TON of new features to the Sims 2, and then ever since then they've slowly been stripping those features away, either for good, or to resell as overpriced DLC packs :puke:

Also why the hell have they never done the different settings like Gothic Horror or Sci Fi again? If they did I might actually consider messing around with it for a few hours once a month.

They did Sims Medieval. It was... ok.

Return to “Video Games”