Destiny 2

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Destiny 2

Postby Sith_Mafia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am

I went ahead and preordered for ps4. the beta kicks off tomorrow. first level and strike i believe.

anyone else with beta access want to join my fireteam tomorrow night? i'll stream it
-Casey

tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: Destiny 2

Postby tombombodil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:28 am

2 Fast 2 Destiny. That is all.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Uriel
I am the story stick

Postby Uriel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:27 pm

I've yet to decide whether to purchase for pc or PS4. Leaning heavily towards pc, though.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Uriel wrote:I've yet to decide whether to purchase for pc or PS4. Leaning heavily towards pc, though.

Unless you had an established friend-base all playing on a console I can't conceive of a logical reason not to go for the PC version. Unless it ends up being a shitty port, or I felt an inexplicable need to restricted myself to keep in line with the lesser graphical quality, baby's frame-rate, and inferior control scheme of the console version.

:)

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:59 am

tombombodil wrote:
Uriel wrote:I've yet to decide whether to purchase for pc or PS4. Leaning heavily towards pc, though.

Unless you had an established friend-base all playing on a console I can't conceive of a logical reason not to go for the PC version. Unless it ends up being a shitty port, or I felt an inexplicable need to restricted myself to keep in line with the lesser graphical quality, baby's frame-rate, and inferior control scheme of the console version.

PS4 fanboy here to debate all your points ;)

since console was the only choice for destiny 1, it seems like (from destiny reddit) the majority of returning players will stick with console.

Other logical reasons not to get the PC version:
- It releases almost 2 months after the console version
- There are major PS4 timed exclusives including multiplayer map, co-op strike, armor sets, legendary weapon (until fall 2018)
- It uses battle.net (this could be better or worse than bungie.net)
- It's at least 20% cheaper on console if you have amazon prime or best buy game club(bb gives 20% off plus $10 reward)
- You can't resell or trade the game if you finish or don't like it.
- The graphic quality will improve across the board since they arent developing for last gen anymore.
- The tight controls were a highlight of destiny 1

i'd say go with console unless you are hardcore PVP player or you don't care about any of these points.
-Casey

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
tombombodil wrote:

since console was the only choice for destiny 1, it seems like (from destiny reddit) the majority of returning players will stick with console.

- There are major PS4 timed exclusives including multiplayer map, co-op strike, armor sets, legendary weapon (until fall 2018)
- It's at least 20% cheaper on console if you have amazon prime or best buy game club(bb gives 20% off plus $10 reward)
- The graphic quality will improve across the board since they arent developing for last gen anymore.

i'd say go with console unless you are hardcore PVP player or you don't care about any of these points.

:thumbup:

I'm mostly just ribbing you for old time sake

Uriel
I am the story stick

Postby Uriel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:
tombombodil wrote:

-Release date doesn't matter unless they aren't segregated servers.
-I wouldn't be surprised if they also do PC specific exclusives (most, but not all companies do for that type of thing), but I'll give you that one.
-Using battle.net is a non-existent issue, as I have it for all the blizzard products anyways.
-While the initial cost is 20% cheaper it comes with a continual use cost of maintaining a PlayStation gold membership, while pc use is free. Therefore, if you play for a long time it ends up costing much more on PS4.
-if I buy for PS4 it would be digitally, therefore this is a moot point.
-Even if the graphics quality improved it would still lag behind pc. To get close I would likely have to replace my PS4 with a PS4 pro. Even then, it wouldn't be there.
-The controller based controls will likely be available on pc as well.

As far as the existing player base, a portion will return on pc for above or other reasons. On top of that, there's a whole new group of players that will join on pc as they don't have consoles. That being said, I could care less about pvp. I think I set foot in the crucible exactly twice. Strikes and raids were very enjoyable, on the other hand.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:08 pm

I was more talking about a group of friends you have playing on one console or another, which is frankly the biggest deciding factor for most people regarding multi-player games.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Uriel
I am the story stick

Postby Uriel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:23 pm

As of right now, no one I know plays. I have a friend I could likely convince to play. He has both a PS4 and pc but not sure if he has gold.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:40 am

Uriel wrote:As of right now, no one I know plays. I have a friend I could likely convince to play. He has both a PS4 and pc but not sure if he has gold.

i assume you mean ps+. i dont really count that in the cost since every multi player game needs that. but i guess there are still people who dont have it. (it's a great deal just for the free monthly games)

i'll play with ya if you go with ps4. i have a very active existing clan that you could join if interested. there's supposedly more clan support this time

tombombodil wrote: :thumbup:
I'm mostly just ribbing you for old time sake

i know, and im just responding for the same reason :)

here's the beta from last night. the first story mission is entertaining and seems more interactive than before. I also played through the strike which was pretty challenging with the base equipment we were given. our team wiped twice on the boss, before getting him.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160183743

i didn't try any of the crucible yet, as i'm not really interested in pvp. I'll likely replay this with the other two classes first.
-Casey

Return to “Video Games”