Game Sales

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Re: Game Sales

Postby GinDragon » Wed May 29, 2019 11:23 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:epic store currently has $10 off anything $15 or higher.

i picked up Observation for about $12. It's a atmospheric puzzler where you play as the AI in a space station where something has gone wrong. A bit like 2001

Jesse Cox on youtube has a scary game squad miniseries where they play it. If you're curious, maybe watch the first 5 minutes to see how it plays.

It's made by the same people who did Stories Untold

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed May 29, 2019 11:43 am

GinDragon wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:epic store currently has $10 off anything $15 or higher.

i picked up Observation for about $12. It's a atmospheric puzzler where you play as the AI in a space station where something has gone wrong. A bit like 2001

Jesse Cox on youtube has a scary game squad miniseries where they play it. If you're curious, maybe watch the first 5 minutes to see how it plays.

It's made by the same people who did Stories Untold

i'm only a couple hours into it. so far the gameplay is a bit underwhelming, but the story and the great user interface of being inside a computer is keeping me interested
-Casey

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:26 pm

All Dark Souls games ad DLC are on Sale on steam right now. -75% off most of the main titles, -50% off most of the DLC.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:41 pm

anything worth picking up in the steam summer sale?

i glanced at the featured deals, but nothing seemed that good
-Casey

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:anything worth picking up in the steam summer sale?

My four splurges:

Wreckfest
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine
The Infectious Madness of Dr. Dekker
Dragon's Lair

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm

My game library is so huge these days that I hardly ever buy anything AAA anymore unless it's on a super steep discount. I could buy no game ever again and still have enough games to last me the rest of my life. So, while there are things that get me curious, I don't have a strong desire to play the newest thing anymore, with rare exceptions.

The last game I bought right when it came out was Imperator: Rome, because A) I love Paradox games, and B) I am fascinated by that period of history.

John
Host

Postby John » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:52 pm

GinDragon wrote:The last game I bought right when it came out was Imperator: Rome, because A) I love Paradox games, and B) I am fascinated by that period of history.

What do you think of it, I'm right there with you but some of the reviews scare me and Paradox seems to be a lot better at making games that are good a year after they're released than games that are good they day the come out.

I also agree with pretty much everything you've said. Things go on sale on one or another online platform and until those sales hit I have enough of a bullpen of games that can entertain me forever (Paradox games are on there in force) that I can wait it out no problem.

I bought Sekiro for $60 because I have complete confidence in From Software to build a game that would be worth it for $200. But before that one I couldn't tell you the last time I paid $60. Breath of the Wild maybe.

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:00 pm

John wrote:
GinDragon wrote:The last game I bought right when it came out was Imperator: Rome, because A) I love Paradox games, and B) I am fascinated by that period of history.

What do you think of it, I'm right there with you but some of the reviews scare me and Paradox seems to be a lot better at making games that are good a year after they're released than games that are good they day the come out.

I also agree with pretty much everything you've said. Things go on sale on one or another online platform and until those sales hit I have enough of a bullpen of games that can entertain me forever (Paradox games are on there in force) that I can wait it out no problem.

I bought Sekiro for $60 because I have complete confidence in From Software to build a game that would be worth it for $200. But before that one I couldn't tell you the last time I paid $60. Breath of the Wild maybe.

I actually really like it, but I'm aware I'm an unpopular opinion. I feel like it gets somewhat unfairly compared to CKII which has had years and years of expansions and refinement.

It's a mix of CK and EU, with a dash of HOI/Victoria. I've played one full game as Rome, and I found the moment to moment gameplay very satisfying. I can't really refute any of the negative claims about it, but for some reason, they didn't bother me that much. I probably didn't really NEED to pick it up day one, but I had hyped myself up about it and don't really regret it either.

They JUST released a patch that's supposed to have fixed some of the basic concerns, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:07 pm

if you want to try it out for a month it's included in the xbox game pass for pc which is only $1 right now.
-Casey

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:anything worth picking up in the steam summer sale?

I'm picking up random old games that are down to a few bucks, and VR games just for the hell of it.

I have convinced a few more friends to get Vermintide 2 as well.

Return to “Video Games”