Random Video Game Thoughts

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: Random Video Game Thoughts

Postby Ikoma » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:11 pm

My initial thoughts on learning EA Play is being added at no increase in price to Game Pass Ultimate, :eh: <shrug>

My new thoughts realize Star Wars: Squadrons will be part of that, :clap:

Plus, turns out there are some other EA games I'm willing to play after paying nothing for them: A Way Out (gotta talk one of my Xbox buddies into coop w/ me), Battlefront II (I always wanted to play the story campaign, just not enough to, you know... buy it), Titanfall 2 (I did like Titanfall), Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, oh, and maybe I'll finally make my brothers happy and play a little Madden with them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:53 am

Ikoma wrote:Plus, turns out there are some other EA games I'm willing to play after paying nothing for them: A Way Out (gotta talk one of my Xbox buddies into coop w/ me), Battlefront II (I always wanted to play the story campaign, just not enough to, you know... buy it), Titanfall 2 (I did like Titanfall), Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, oh, and maybe I'll finally make my brothers happy and play a little Madden with them.

battlefront 2 story is nothing to write home about. I played it once through for the trophies, and then multiplayer from there on. the multiplayer, especially the starship battles are still fun though.

titanfall 2 on the other hand has probably the best single player story I've ever played for a shooter.
-Casey

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:47 pm

-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Whoa! Microsoft + Bethesda? 7.5 billion? This is gonna be a big deal down the road.

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:05 am

Sith_Mafia wrote:

... Aaaaand reinstalled.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:54 am

Ikoma wrote:Whoa! Microsoft + Bethesda? 7.5 billion? This is gonna be a big deal down the road.

that is pretty huge. that's almost double what Disney paid for Star Wars :o
-Casey

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:31 am

I get it though... Bethesda's catalogue is HUGE - Elder Scrolls (including Skyrim), Doom, Fallout, Wolfenstein, & Dishonored. I mean, can you imagine the impact of Skyrim II being exclusive to Xbox? My understanding is any current contract obligations to Sony have to be honored (aka Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo). But going forward? And even if it just means all future Bethesda games hit Game Pass day/date of release while you have to pay $60 to play them on a PS5, that's a big deal.

Wihzerd

Postby Wihzerd » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Ikoma wrote:I get it though... Bethesda's catalogue is HUGE - Elder Scrolls (including Skyrim), Doom, Fallout, Wolfenstein, & Dishonored. I mean, can you imagine the impact of Skyrim II being exclusive to Xbox? My understanding is any current contract obligations to Sony have to be honored (aka Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo). But going forward? And even if it just means all future Bethesda games hit Game Pass day/date of release while you have to pay $60 to play them on a PS5, that's a big deal.
Ikoma wrote:I mean, can you imagine the impact of Skyrim II being exclusive to Xbox?
Ikoma wrote:Skyrim II

:wtf: :think: Is this just a tongue-in-cheek reference to The Elder Scrolls VI, or do you actually expect Bethesda to pull a Square Enix and make The Elder Scrolls V-2?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:49 pm

well new vegas 2 is certainly possible now. 8-)

I could see them doing timed bethesda Xbox exclusives, but that's a lot of money to leave on the table to not put it on PS5 eventually. They will have to make up their 7.5billion somehow.

I believe they did this with Oblivion in the 360/PS3 days.

The other thing is Bethesda has had more misses than hits these days. Everything after Skyrim besides Doom Eternal has been rather meh.
-Casey

Wihzerd

Postby Wihzerd » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm more concerned with how this will affect the Windows version of future Elder Scrolls games. Microsoft has had Xbox exclusives kept off the Windows platform before. HOWEVER, I'd like to think Microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to have even temporary exclusivity incite backlash from the Bethesda modding communities. They do half the bug-fixing. :lol:

Return to “Video Games”