Random Video Game Thoughts

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Chad
Host

Re: Random Video Game Thoughts

Postby Chad » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:33 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:not sure what game you're playing but for games like d3 and path of exile there are UI options to put health bars right above your character and/or enemies

Does Grim Dawn have that?

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Chad wrote:
Sith_Mafia wrote:not sure what game you're playing but for games like d3 and path of exile there are UI options to put health bars right above your character and/or enemies

Does Grim Dawn have that?

havn't played that, but since it's a similar action RPG you might dig around in the UI menu options
-Casey

Leoff
You Gotta Admit!

Postby Leoff » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:47 am

I've been playing on a bigger screen this week -- our TV hooked up to a computer, for a monitor -- and it's a different experience. The 32" TV is hooked up via HDMI and its resolution is 1360 x 768. The result is that the picture is big enough that I notice the pixelliness more, but I'm able to sit five feet from the screen. It's not a bad thing, but it's different.
It isn't going to be a regular thing, only when we're out here in Manitoba.

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Leoff wrote:I've been playing on a bigger screen this week -- our TV hooked up to a computer, for a monitor -- and it's a different experience. The 32" TV is hooked up via HDMI and its resolution is 1360 x 768. The result is that the picture is big enough that I notice the pixelliness more, but I'm able to sit five feet from the screen. It's not a bad thing, but it's different.
It isn't going to be a regular thing, only when we're out here in Manitoba.

Yeah, computer monitors are GENERALLY higher resolution than TVs, but physically smaller. Your example for instance, I would expect a way higher resolution on a monitor the same size as the TV you're using.

My own monitor is 27" at home, and I currently use 2560 X 1440, though I should probably even jack that up a bit.

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:09 pm

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 am

That's actually a pretty cute and interesting idea for a sort of remaster. Probably a lot cheaper than remaking high res poly assets.

Lord Foul complained about my phones automatic sig so I changed it. - Sent from jizzmop 4040 using bollocks
Have you found the yellow sign?

Wihzerd

Postby Wihzerd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:16 pm

tombombodil wrote:That's actually a pretty cute and interesting idea for a sort of remaster. Probably a lot cheaper than remaking high res poly assets.

Well, it's not a remaster in and of itself. It's a Carbot Animations reskin DLC for a StarCraft remaster that already exists. Blizzard already made a version of Broodwar that can seamlessly swap back and forth between original and updated graphics. It makes perfect sense that the system would allow for a third option to be slipped in.

Blizzard has previously collaborated with Carbot to make avatars and decals for StarCraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm. Considering the success of Carbot's StarCraft 2 mod, I guess this was the obvious next step. The timing is interesting too, considering the final season of Carbot's StarCraft cartoon started recently.

Spammy V

Postby Spammy V » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:02 am

Thinking about Pokémon games some, Game Freak really changed how they handle the rivals in short order. Blue and Silver are just unrepentant 80s movie jerks who only exist to be condescending jackholes to the protagonist and then get embarrassingly beaten. They don’t get backstory and you’re not meant to sympathize with them. Then you get to Brendan/May and they just... quit being your rival halfway through. Barry is your next door neighbor friend.

If you’re just wiping the floor with your rival each time, it’s easy to start feeling bad for just stomping someone who is so nice and friendly. Pokémon hasn’t been good at writing a friendly rivalry that’s still a serious challenge.
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 am

Took a short break from Mutant Year Zero to focus on some World of Tanks Ops. Got back into MYZ this weekend and I think I've cleared the difficulty hump. I've got a trio who's weapons and skills/traits will let them take out almost any single enemy without allowing them to call for help (aka silent weapons plus some disabling for a round kinda things). Now I just stealthily drop each straggler until I'm down to the last bad guy and take him out in a rush.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

JediSoth
I am the story stick

Postby JediSoth » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 am

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night (finished The Frozen Wilds expansion a few days ago, before I moved on to the endgame). Wow, that was amazing. It's been a couple of years at least since I've just sat there when the credits rolled and basked in the experience I just had.

I guess I'd better start saving up in case HZD2 is a PS5 exclusive.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

Return to “Video Games”