What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby tombombodil » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:14 pm

Chad wrote:I was reading the current generation of hardware cannot handle it on max settings. It's the new Crysis.

I mean I could make a game with pixel art that current gen hardware couldn't handle lol. There's always a question of how optimized the game is.
Have you found the yellow sign?

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:54 pm

tombombodil wrote:
Chad wrote:I was reading the current generation of hardware cannot handle it on max settings. It's the new Crysis.

I mean I could make a game with pixel art that current gen hardware couldn't handle lol. There's always a question of how optimized the game is.

I do like the idea of making a great looking game that will actually get better as the hardware advances.

Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Mikel » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:05 am

I'm poking around in the Avengers Beta and I think they did themselves a disservice by trying to do all the characters. Everyone feels underpowered and the controls are kind of clumsy. The screen can get kind of busy and switching to an enemy or aiming for ranged aren't as responsive as they should be.

Hulk is starting to feel better but I don't have the sense of power that I did with Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Maybe it feels better when you level them up but it hasn't grabbed me all that hard, yet.
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

Wihzerd
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Wihzerd » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:15 am

BottledViolence wrote:
tombombodil wrote:

I do like the idea of making a great looking game that will actually get better as the hardware advances.

Related:

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Wihzerd wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:
tombombodil wrote:

Related:

That computer costs over $4400.

It is only slightly better than my computer (and I have a better CPU) and mine cost around about $1K.

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Mikel wrote:I'm poking around in the Avengers Beta and I think they did themselves a disservice by trying to do all the characters. Everyone feels underpowered and the controls are kind of clumsy. The screen can get kind of busy and switching to an enemy or aiming for ranged aren't as responsive as they should be.

Hulk is starting to feel better but I don't have the sense of power that I did with Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Maybe it feels better when you level them up but it hasn't grabbed me all that hard, yet.

I also messed around with the Avengers Beta and my first response is just the same. Everyone feels the same and clumsy. I mean, given a desire to let you play *everyone*[1], they have to standardize the controls. The 'A' button does the same (type of) thing for all the characters. Same with all the buttons. BUT... since each character's powers directly impact how that manifestation of say, a ranged attack, works, it's always a little off. Just when you sort out all of Hulk's powers, you switch to someone else and feel like you've taken two steps back in controlling the game. Perhaps it will get better now that it looks like you've got just Hulk and Ms. Marvel to deal with.

I do feel much better with the decision to NOT use the likenesses/voices of the MCU actors. This isn't an MCU canon story. I get multiverse and all that, but I now think a lot of the 'normies' who love the MCU but don't read comics, etc. might come out of this game (if it used Chris Evans likeness/voice) asking "where does this fit in the MCU?" It doesn't. So... different likeness/voice.

[1] As far as I've gotten, you play as Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain America, and Miss Marvel.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:49 am

Chad wrote:
Wihzerd wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:
tombombodil wrote:

Related:

It is only slightly better than my computer (and I have a better CPU) and mine cost around about $1K.

I'm looking to build a new PC soon, both for this and DCS. I was waiting for Star Citizen, but that seems a bit pointless now. What's your build?

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:08 am

Got MSFS2020 running finally. I will have to optimize things since it currently looks like hammered dog shit. They're still not to "I can see my house" fidelity yet (although I did see my house and they did show my driveway as concrete while the neighbors are asphalt) they're decently close. The flight model is decent, but not so amazing as to justify the fan boys frothing at the mouth about "Itsh a shim not a game!!1!1" I think it will be a good game but I can see myself getting bored with is pretty quick. I have no interest in driving the heavies, the visibility out of any of the faster GA aircraft is terrible, and the high wing stuff is so slow that you better like the scenery wherever you take off from because you'll be staring at it for a while. Overall, it's a neat game, horribly riddled with bugs, but definitely not something I see appealing long term. Sim flying is cool, but it's a lot more fun when you're dodging Sam's, dropping bombs, or splashing red air. :lol:

The game pass is a great deal. $1 to play this for a month is a steal, and probably all I'll need. Also, I need an Icon A5. Anyone got a spare half a mil they want to give me? :lol:

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:58 am

BottledViolence wrote:
Chad wrote:
Wihzerd wrote:
BottledViolence wrote:
tombombodil wrote:

Related:

I'm looking to build a new PC soon, both for this and DCS. I was waiting for Star Citizen, but that seems a bit pointless now. What's your build?

GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 core
16GB RAM
1TB M.2 SSD
ASROCK X570 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard

So far I haven't seen the point in getting more than 16GB of RAM. Even the heaviest things I do doesn't top it out.

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am

Chad wrote:
So far I haven't seen the point in getting more than 16GB of RAM. Even the heaviest things I do doesn't top it out.

Supposedly this one will.

Return to “Video Games”