What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby McNutcase » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:46 am

You might want to try again, I'm sure they're going to patch out the Melbourne Monolith soon (their mapping snapshot was taken between some guy typoing a 2 story building as 212 floors, and someone fixing that typo, so there's a random skyscraper needle in the suburbs of Melbourne...)
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:11 pm

McNutcase wrote:You might want to try again, I'm sure they're going to patch out the Melbourne Monolith soon (their mapping snapshot was taken between some guy typoing a 2 story building as 212 floors, and someone fixing that typo, so there's a random skyscraper needle in the suburbs of Melbourne...)

Are there pics of this?

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:42 pm

mindtakerr wrote:
McNutcase wrote:You might want to try again, I'm sure they're going to patch out the Melbourne Monolith soon (their mapping snapshot was taken between some guy typoing a 2 story building as 212 floors, and someone fixing that typo, so there's a random skyscraper needle in the suburbs of Melbourne...)

Are there pics of this?

https://twitter.com/alexandermuscat/sta ... 94945?s=21

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:55 pm

McNutcase wrote:
mindtakerr wrote:

Are there pics of this?

Amazing

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:41 pm

mindtakerr wrote:
McNutcase wrote:
mindtakerr wrote:

Are there pics of this?

Amazing

Oh, it gets better. They managed to include an accurate model of Groverhaus (which got torn down a while back), but Buckingham Palace is skinned as a generic apartment block.

BottledViolence
Sat through Dan's Cap Ship Lecture and didn't fall asleep... mostly

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:00 pm

:lol:

I'm going to get the game pass for a month to see if it works and if not, try again after they patch it next week. I'm sure they'll unfuck it eventually, but I'm done actively messing with it. I'll just try and run the installer overnight instead of constantly try to get it to work.

I've heard they have quite a few goofy things in the terrain right now.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:55 pm

BottledViolence wrote:

:lol:

I'm going to get the game pass for a month to see if it works and if not, try again after they patch it next week. I'm sure they'll unfuck it eventually, but I'm done actively messing with it. I'll just try and run the installer overnight instead of constantly try to get it to work.

I've heard they have quite a few goofy things in the terrain right now.

i might try using gamepass to see if i can even start the game. my old cpu is under the min specs, but it handles lots of games just fine.. and i just recently got faster internet with no data cap
-Casey

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:i might try using gamepass to see if i can even start the game. my old cpu is under the min specs, but it handles lots of games just fine.. and i just recently got faster internet with no data cap

That's what I would recommend. I wouldn't suggest anyone buy it yet, but game pass will give you a good opportunity to try it.

Chad
Host

Postby Chad » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:58 pm

I was reading the current generation of hardware cannot handle it on max settings. It's the new Crysis.

BottledViolence

Postby BottledViolence » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Chad wrote:I was reading the current generation of hardware cannot handle it on max settings. It's the new Crysis.

It is, and it looks amazing. I'm going to go back to DCS and IL2 and it's going to look like trash. :lol:

Return to “Video Games”