What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
tombombodil
3 for 3

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby tombombodil » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:27 pm

GinDragon wrote:
tombombodil wrote:Sunless Skies just released a new Region, so I'm finishing up a few quests in Albion, then im gonna blow some savings on a more combat oriented Locomotive (this new area is supposedly more dangerous than the others released so far) and head off into the dark, far from the sickening light of her Restored Majesty's Clockwork Sun.

This paragraph makes you sound like a crazy person.

On a related note, have you tried Cultist Simulator?
Sanity is a liability in the big Empty.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Have you found the yellow sign?

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 pm

The Raum-Kampfjet Mark V fight in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is the worst.

EDIT: FINALLY beat it. That fight took me from like 75k$ to like 35k$. Good thing money is pretty much useless at this point anyway.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

JediSoth
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby JediSoth » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:48 am

DistinctlyBenign wrote:The Raum-Kampfjet Mark V fight in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is the worst.

EDIT: FINALLY beat it. That fight took me from like 75k$ to like 35k$. Good thing money is pretty much useless at this point anyway.

It took me forever to beat that thing when I was playing Athena. When I tried again with Claptrap, I became so frustrated I just gave up and haven't been back to the game since.

I feel like I should try again after I get my new computer. Maybe with Nisha this time.
JediSoth
Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author
@hccummings (Twitter)

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:42 am

I'm playing as Aurelia, what finally worked for me was switching to a corrosive SMG and hiding out in the corner with the ammo chests right next to the elevator that gets you into the area. Corrosive damage eats through the thing, an SMG was just the only corrosive weapon I had on hand. Also the engines are the crit spots, if you can hit them. That area works the best IMO because the adds can only really come at you from one direction so it's much easier to manage them. I was also doing really well up on the tower you can get to from the jump pad, but the problem there was when I did go down there were no adds to kill to get back up.

Also, quitting game and re-loading when you die to reset all of the adds helps a lot. That way you don't get swarmed as soon as you enter the arena from all the adds from your last try.
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Conan Exiles seems to have grabbed me, although if it keeps encouraging me to be a slaver, it’s so deleted. I’m fine with murdering NPCs. I’m fine with then skinning them so I can make pants. With eating bits of them raw because I need the carry weight for rocks. With beating crocodiles to death with their severed leg. But if I need to enslave them, I am Not Here For That.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:57 pm

McNutcase wrote:Conan Exiles seems to have grabbed me, although if it keeps encouraging me to be a slaver, it’s so deleted. I’m fine with murdering NPCs. I’m fine with then skinning them so I can make pants. With eating bits of them raw because I need the carry weight for rocks. With beating crocodiles to death with their severed leg. But if I need to enslave them, I am Not Here For That.

It's kind of an essential part of the game. You can't actually make certain recipes unless you have the right thrall to stick in the station. And if you don't recruit anyone to protect your base, the purge will knock it down, eventually.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:02 pm

GinDragon wrote:
McNutcase wrote:Conan Exiles seems to have grabbed me, although if it keeps encouraging me to be a slaver, it’s so deleted. I’m fine with murdering NPCs. I’m fine with then skinning them so I can make pants. With eating bits of them raw because I need the carry weight for rocks. With beating crocodiles to death with their severed leg. But if I need to enslave them, I am Not Here For That.

It's kind of an essential part of the game. You can't actually make certain recipes unless you have the right thrall to stick in the station. And if you don't recruit anyone to protect your base, the purge will knock it down, eventually.

I’m playing in super care bear mode, which mentions no purge, so I should be ok. I’m just going to have to do without the exclusive recipes.

GinDragon
Monostat Fanfic Writer

Postby GinDragon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:23 pm

McNutcase wrote:
GinDragon wrote:

I’m playing in super care bear mode, which mentions no purge, so I should be ok. I’m just going to have to do without the exclusive recipes.

So not an official server then?

I'm playing PvE, but there's still purges. I haven't personally been hit by one, but they do happen on my server.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:34 pm

GinDragon wrote:
McNutcase wrote:
GinDragon wrote:

So not an official server then?

I'm playing PvE, but there's still purges. I haven't personally been hit by one, but they do happen on my server.

Kernel mode drivers can eat my entire ass, I’m not going to risk my system's stability just to fuck about in a sandbox. I’m doing single player, on Civilized difficulty, and have not installed the anti-cheat malware.

zircher
Actually Thinks They Can Take the Baron

Postby zircher » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:05 am

Added No Man's Sky to my gaming list, it's actually pretty enjoyable so far.
On the laptop, I finally 'beat' Recettear and I'm now in endless play mode.

Return to “Video Games”