What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby McNutcase » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Starting to get into My Summer Car. Turned permadeath off, but the first save file was clearly Cursed, as I ran out of food, learned that I cannot ride the moped at all, made a desperate trip across the lake to get food, finally got access to my uncle's van and promptly died from forgetting to put on my seatbelt, then had no way to get home so used the beer-powered teleporter and promptly dropped dead of a heart attack in the sauna while trying to deal with the hangover, eventually got to the point of trying to get the wheels for the aforementioned car, and died of wasp stings. Eventually got home, only to find that the house had burned down.

Second attempt is going much better. I did the stuff that triggers van access, then made a leisurely boat trip for food and now I'm calmly putting the car together and plotting to skip the wasp-infested wheels in favor of the secret alloy wheels.
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

mindtakerr
Has 3! 3 copies! *Thud* er... 2! 2 copies!

Postby mindtakerr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:51 pm

Got a Raspberry Pi 4 for Christmas, and it's awesome as a retro gaming machine.

I just played through Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow because I missed it before. Love it.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 pm

So I finally got around to playing Pathologic 2. Just finished my first run through last night and I cannot wait to start over and try another path through the game.

I played Pathologic back in high school, and thought it was ok, and got what it was doing, but thought it was waaaaaay overpraised by it's fan base who seemed pretty quick to forgive it's many usability issues and bugs.

I honestly have pages and pages and pages I want to say about Pathologic 2 and how it compares to the original but I don't really have the energy to type it all up right now, so lets just say this game is getting a belated spot on my best games of 2019 and an 11th spot on my games of the decade list. Yes, it's so good it created a slot for itself.
Have you found the yellow sign?

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:13 pm

https://youtu.be/HC_8fzFC0_I?t=1566

SUPER intense fight in Eve tonight. We were outnumbered 2 to 1 but skill prevailed and we almost aced them with ZERO losses on our side.

mindtakerr

Postby mindtakerr » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:38 pm

Played the game "A Short Hike" last night and really loved it. It's sort of a walking (or climbing or gliding) simulator crossed with an adventure game.

McNutcase
Yea, verily yea.

Postby McNutcase » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 pm

My Summer Car is ridiculous. Less than half the players have the achievement for getting the car running. I'm now one of them...
Cardholding member, Wile E. Coyote Skydiving Club

https://www.amazon.com/author/silashumphreys

John
Host

Postby John » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:49 pm

McNutcase wrote:My Summer Car is ridiculous. Less than half the players have the achievement for getting the car running. I'm now one of them...

Congrats dude. That game scares me but I keep looking at it, attempting to attempt it.

Spammy V
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Spammy V » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:43 pm

SpammyV wrote:It's been a while since I played Yakuza Kiwami 2, so I'll try to make some main quest progress.

Two minutes later...
SpammyV wrote:ONE OF MY FRIENDS IS IN TROUBLE I CAN'T SKIP THIS SUBSTORY!
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:46 am

the witcher neflix show had me wanting to play it again. but i sold my the ps4 version long ago. so i picked up witcher 3 complete in the steam sale. never played any of the dlc the first time, hoping i can stick with it long enough to make it to that point. i think it kicks in around level 30 and i'm starting over fresh.
-Casey

mindtakerr

Postby mindtakerr » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Sith_Mafia wrote:the witcher neflix show had me wanting to play it again. but i sold my the ps4 version long ago. so i picked up witcher 3 complete in the steam sale. never played any of the dlc the first time, hoping i can stick with it long enough to make it to that point. i think it kicks in around level 30 and i'm starting over fresh.

I thought about doing New Game + since I, too, never played the DLC even though I bought it. However, New Game+ scales all the enemies to your level, so I'm not sure it's worth it.

My son is always on the PS4 anyway, so I may never even get to do it.

Return to “Video Games”