What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby Mikel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Totally agreed on JJ Alex Jones.

However, the one regular person model they clearly spent more time on was amusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

Sith_Mafia
Official FtC Dealer

Postby Sith_Mafia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:34 pm

made me chuckle

-Casey

Spammy V
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Spammy V » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Replaying Resident Evil Revelations on the Switch collection of Revelations and Revelations 2.

I'd forgotten the note towards the end that just lampshades the Capcom Science in this game. "Yeah, so, we found this virus in an abyssal trench and man. It takes normal deep-sea fish that are really watery and fatty with weak skeletal structures and suddenly makes them nothing but teeth and spikes and muscle. Weird. And then Dave had some T-Virus he scored on the black market and, well..."
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Spammy V wrote:Replaying Resident Evil Revelations on the Switch collection of Revelations and Revelations 2.

I'd forgotten the note towards the end that just lampshades the Capcom Science in this game. "Yeah, so, we found this virus in an abyssal trench and man. It takes normal deep-sea fish that are really watery and fatty with weak skeletal structures and suddenly makes them nothing but teeth and spikes and muscle. Weird. And then Dave had some T-Virus he scored on the black market and, well..."

The first Revelations was surprisingly good, felt like an OG RE game with more modern RE controls and gameplay. The second one wasssssss, crap.
Have you found the yellow sign?

Spammy V
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Spammy V » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 pm

I haven't played any of the original Resident Evil games, but I have liked the cheesy action games on their own. Although Revelation's plot starts to have holes when you think on it, the individual beats are pretty good and the game flows pretty well. It's easy to enjoy and plays pretty well. Even when I'm back playing Yakuza 0 I keep wanting the quick-turn that Revelations has.

Also I've spent all day playing Yakuza 0.

"Boss you spent... 100 million yen on toy cars?!"
"Pocket Racers. And it was important! I had to beat those eight-year-olds!"
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 pm

So Destiny 2 being free didn't make me want to spend money for the expansions for Destiny 2... it made me want to play WoW again.

So I redownloaded WoW. I have not gotten a subscription yet, you can play up to level 20 free now. I'm running around as a low level Dwarf Paladin on the Stormrage server (A streamer I occasionally watch has an alliance guild there so I figured I might try to join her guild if I'm playing again). I may reactivate, but I'd have to also buy Battle for Azeroth...
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 am

Mikel wrote:
However, the one regular person model they clearly spent more time on was amusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who?

Lord Foul complained about my phones automatic sig so I changed it. - Sent from jizzmop 4040 using bollocks

Mikel
ZCE's Grandmother's Quantum Cat

Postby Mikel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:59 am

Stan Lee.

Also, there’s something very satisfying about finishing up a crime instance by webbing everyone to objects and trying not to
Knock anyone out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confessions of an Improv GM. Player/GM Advice, APs, and the 8 Minute Story Challenge.

Azhrei Vep
Player Possessed NPC

Postby Azhrei Vep » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 am

Mikel wrote:Stan Lee.

Also, there’s something very satisfying about finishing up a crime instance by webbing everyone to objects and trying not to
Knock anyone out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I figured you meant Martin Li, not Stan Lee. Martin looks way better than the other normal people. I ... honestly cannot remember whether Stan looked any good or not. I remember the scene he was in, but not what he looked like.

Probably helps that he's already ugly.
Julia wrote:You don't understand the amount of dick I get ... in my giant American Hoohah.
PS Fuck you Cafepress

Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Postby Ikoma » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Really frustrated with Quantum Break. There is a great game in these mechanics. There is a good (maybe great) TV show (or movie) in those interminable filmed cut scenes. But this is not a peanut butter cup situation. This is not two things made better by mashing them together. Rather, they hurt each other. I know this isn't exactly current video game criticism - (QB) has been out a while - but it did just hit GamePass hence why I am trying it out now.

The 'time powers' are perfect for a shooter. Turns out there are a lot of fun tactical abilities that emerge from just a few time powers. In Act I, you pretty much just have a time stop bubble and a time dodge dash. But just those two powers combine with level design to let you do fun, fun stuff. Lock one group of guards in a time bubble and then dash to flank them -or- deal with another group. Use a time bubble to lock a rapidly changing environmental factor and let you use it in a new way. But this fun game is getting stopped with a LOT of cut scenes. And to make matters worse, at the end of Act I you watch a 30 minute TV show. It's almost all from the perspective of the bad guys. I wanted to get back to playing almost immediately. But after having the life sucked out of the game for 30 minutes, I was done. Saved the game and moved onto something else. I may look to see if I can just skip these episodes. If not, I will not play more than one Act at a time - if I play the game much more at all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Video Games”