What Video Games are you playing?

For all of your non-tabletop gaming needs.
Ikoma
Actually Slew the Baron

Re: What Video Games are you playing?

Postby Ikoma » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:21 am

Finally had a buddy of mine take me into Playground mode in Fortnite and do some instruction. I think I might enjoy it more. It looks to be the kind of game I will play when I have a crew on who's playing but not the kind of game I'm gonna solo.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DistinctlyBenign
Holder of FtB's One Opinion

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Got to Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne. I thought I was doing well until he hulked out...
mumblebear wrote:You try to remember your anniversary. Roll 2d6.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:03 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:Got to Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne. I thought I was doing well until he hulked out...
Mmmm what's that smell...? Sweet blood... It sings to me..

Lord Foul complained about my phones automatic sig so I changed it. - Sent from jizzmop 4040 using bollocks
Have you found the yellow sign?

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:57 pm

I gott the Kirkhammer and its my new favorite weapon. Smashed him pretty easily with that.

Edit: Been cruising right along with the Kirkhammer, until I met the nice gentleman in old Yharnam with a gatling gun.

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:49 pm

The blood starved beast is kicking my ass. I've died to her 5 times already. I'm summoning alfred, and i have the shortcut unlocked so it's just a quick run back to her, but whenever she gets below like 1/4th hp side gets really fast and I can't find an opening to hit her anymore.

Spammy V
LF's frikin' laser attendant

Postby Spammy V » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:24 pm

So I've been playing Tempest, and while this is a really terrible way to phrase things... Tempest is actually the Mount & Blade of boats.

Like Mount & Blade the game drops you into the world with very little worldbuilding, with a whole range of factions who don't get much by the way of introduction. In fact the Faction opinion screen just shows their flags and doesn't even show their names so far as I can tell. Also like Mount & Blade they expect you to jump right into the management and customization of your forces. You have to manually improve your sailors as they get experience. Doing merchant stuff is just as possible and I think just as difficult.

In addition despite how much they try to simulate the combat is still janky with holes and the game's buggy enough that I got stuck spawning in an ice floe when leaving the map view. Stuck in an ice floe making it almost impossible to turn while I'm in combat.

On the plus side I do admire that if you have the time and dedication the game would let you play exclusively from the wheel and never go to the map screen or the helicopter ship-orbiting view.
Spammy's Can
My blog where I ramble about games and things

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 pm

DistinctlyBenign wrote:The blood starved beast is kicking my ass. I've died to her 5 times already. I'm summoning alfred, and i have the shortcut unlocked so it's just a quick run back to her, but whenever she gets below like 1/4th hp side gets really fast and I can't find an opening to hit her anymore.
BSB is the boss that sort of forces you to really master riposting, or grind and be a bit over leveled.

It's a sort of soft *skill check* for that somewhat early the game. There are quite a few bosses later on that are either nightmares (no joke intended) or reasonable challenges depending on whether or not you've got the hang of riposting.

BSB is just the earliest and most extreme example of it. You can literally riposte him to death without ever giving him the chance to hit you.

In fact almost every encounter and boss in the game is teaching you something big or small. Gascoigne for example teacher you to be aggressive and to attack back instead of trying to spam dodge away and chug blood vials.

Lord Foul complained about my phones automatic sig so I changed it. - Sent from jizzmop 4040 using bollocks

DistinctlyBenign

Postby DistinctlyBenign » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 pm

So, fight her like she's Lord Gwyn, got it.

tombombodil
3 for 3

Postby tombombodil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:53 am

DistinctlyBenign wrote:So, fight her like she's Lord Gwyn, got it.

In a manner of speaking. Although its attacks are slightly harder to riposte than Gwyn's who was basically a complete pushover.

zircher
Considering a +1 Tattoo

Postby zircher » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am

I'm kind of mad at myself for liking No Man's Sky. It's such a massive time suck. But, there's kind of a peace to it that makes it a great after-work decompression game.

Perhaps it is because I have so utterly mastered Warframe and there is a lull until the next new content drop. NMS makes a good filler.

Also still kicking butt and collecting friends in Recettear. It's my low end laptop game when I can't use my main gaming machine. I need to see if Frozen Synapse/Prime works on the laptop...

Return to “Video Games”